National Field Sales Manager
Due to our organic growth and acquisition programme, we seek a National Field Sales Manager to lead our team of Area Sales Managers.
This is a rare senior hire for Rustins and is a terrific opportunity for someone looking for the next step in their career. You can join a small senior team where we will take your input seriously. We offer a flexible and supportive environment and the ability to make real change with minimal bureaucracy. And yes, the opportunity to have fun, make money and progress in your career!
Your key contacts will be your boss who is the Head of Sales, the ASMs, customers, the internal sales administration team, and the marketing team.
Rustins owns a portfolio of leading niche household care brands including Rustins, Briwax, Antiquax, Brummer, Bondaglass, Oven Mate, Lord Sheraton and Big D. We are based in north London. Core consumers of our products are households, DIY enthusiasts and trade professionals. Our customers and stockists range from the major UK grocers to small independent retailers and include distributors, wholesalers, paint and builders’ merchants, and independents. See www.rustins.ltd for more information.
The ideal candidate will have sales management experience; some field sales experience; good quantitative skills; have a team oriented approach; and be well organised. We expect you to have the desire and professionalism to represent Rustins at the highest level with our customers
- Lead and develop our team of Area Sales Managers.
- Establish relationships with our key accounts.
- Analyse and improve our penetration in our sales and product niches.
- Be a member of the senior team for company-wide initiatives.
- Deputise for the Head of Sales.
Preferred Skills and Experience (preferred, not mandatory!)
- Fields sales experience with FMCG/food/non food products.
- Managing a team in a mid-size or large manufacturing or distribution company.
- Adept at quantitative analysis which may include Excel or CRM systems.
Some of the early projects for this role include introducing a CRM system, optimising coverage of our accounts, and analysing the appropriate level of sales for each of our brands in each of the sales territories.
Candidates only, please.