Controller - National Field Sales
An expanding Spirits distributor is looking to recruit a National Controller to optimise sales, brand building, net sales value in the On – Premise Channel. To create training programmes and coaching to develop and maintain a market leading sales team.
- Lead, direct, coach and motivate a direct team of 3 RSM’s and an indirect team of 12 BDM’s.
- Implement key training programmes to upskill the team
- Establish constructive relationships with major customer group.
- Translate commercial activity plans (NPD, brand campaigns etc) into a clear, prioritised and optimised field sales resources with relevant KPI’s to measure performance.
- Establish the overall field sales system strategy and development a capability roadmap
- Maintenance of field sales databases ensuring data integrity and validity, supported by an online portal/ CRM
- Own the strategy for major field sales campaigns
- Establish and run targeted sales drives
Experience and Skills required.
- 5 years plus experience in leadership, coaching and proven ability to lead large indirect teams to success
- FMCG drinks trained background with structured sales training
- Proven delivery in roles requiring business acumen and P&L management
- Proven ability to analyse data and turn to actionable insight
- Comprehensive understanding and working knowledge of brand building with the ability to balance commercial delivery
- Analytical with strong financial awareness and commercial judgement
- Educated to a degree level
- Creative with an Entrepreneurial spirit and passion to build and develop the on trade business.