JUNIOR BUYER FMCG
How would we sum it up?
This in an exciting opportunity to join a company that has established itself globally, but still has the agility of an SME. The successful candidate will be learning and developing valuable buying skills from day one. If you’re a naturally pro-active person, commercially-minded and thrive on seeking out the best deals, this is the role for you.
What’s the organisation all about?
The organisation is Global Brands, and we are the leading independent drinks brand development business that owns, markets and distributes an enviable collection of products across the RTD, spirits, soft drinks and beer categories. We’ve developed some of the best performing brands in the market place. Our recipe for success involves spotting market trends early, knowing our customers’ business goals and needs, and having an expert buying, marketing and sales team who can successfully develop differentiated brands to meet those needs. Our Head Offices are based within our own award winning 4 star Hotel CASA in Chesterfield, North East Derbyshire. Find out more at www.globalbrands.co.uk
What would you be doing?
Typical activities in the role will include:
- Building and maintaining strong supplier relationships.
- Organising and leading meetings with suppliers to proactively source required materials and negotiate preferred supplier terms.
- Taking responsibility for sourcing, ordering and organising all Point of sale, Print, events equipment and marketing materials for Global Brands and Casa Hotel.
- Sourcing and quality testing POS Samples to ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Supporting the Purchasing Manager in the creation and assessment of legal agreements, contracts and Terms & Conditions.
- Supporting the Purchasing Manager in the procurement of goods and services for the production department.
- Observing and developing the purchasing process and administering the procurement log. Benchmarking prices for consumables and commodities and service contracts
- Carrying out various associated purchasing administrative tasks such as raising PO’s and approving invoices.
- Assisting the Purchasing Manager when required in the procurement of high value purchases such as vehicles.
What type of person are we looking for?
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience working in the supply chain/exposure to a purchasing environment or sourcing goods and services.
- Have the confidence to negotiate with suppliers to get the best result for the business
- Be pro-active in seeking out cost saving areas.
- Be energetic, positive, enthusiastic and have a professional attitude.
- Be a strategic thinker with the ability to problem solve, prioritise effectively, work at pace, demonstrate attention to detail with good numerical, planning and analytical skills.
- Be well organised and able to meet deadlines and demanding time critical requests.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be commercially aware; meaning you are interested in our products, customers, competition, markets and how the business supply chain works.
- Have the ability to meet deadlines and deliver results under time pressures.
- Be proficient in MS Office, particularly Excel.
- Have some understanding of contract law, purchasing law and ethical codes of practice.
- Enjoy making a difference and the autonomy/confidence to make things happen.
- Be able to work well using their own initiative, be organised and conscientiously manage workload efficiently.
- Enjoy ownership of projects and the responsibility this demands.
Global Brands Ltd proudly manages all its recruitment processes internally, hence no recruitment agency calls or enquiries please.