Our client is a leading nationwide supplier of coffee machines, and they are seeking a dynamic and driven Sales Director to join their expanding team.
Reporting into the managing director, the Sales Director is responsible for delivering the sales and gross profit targets through a regionally focused sales team. The Sales Director will develop and execute the sales and growth plans, and oversee the planning, management and execution of those plans, ensuring consistent growth and high levels of customer retention. The Sales Director can live somewhere in the South of England, ideally in the home counties, such as Hemel Hempstead or Milton Keynes.
The business operates in B2B in the coffee sector, and as such their clients can be a wide range of professional businesses, including offices, hospitals, restaurants, retail chains, gyms and leisure centres, hotels, exhibition centres, public buildings; the list of potential customers is endless.
The successful candidate will implement tools and strategies to measure the effectiveness of all sales activity on an ongoing basis and manage direct reports, developing and structuring the team in such a way that encourages consistent growth of market share, driving new customer wins and improving and delivering customer satisfaction.
- Leading and managing the sales team – including setting direction with clear objectives and KPIs
- Giving performance feedback in monthly 1-to-1s and half yearly and annual reviews.
- Coach and support development and growth, and understand motivators and engaging team
- Assists in the development and execution of the sales strategy in the assigned region
- Grow and maintain a pipeline of dynamic opportunities that reflect sales targets
- Develop and execute strategic plans to achieve sales targets and expand customer base
- Contributes regional sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans, setting targets, goals and objectives; implementing sales and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying trends
- Meet regional sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions, implementing change
- Establishing sales objectives by creating a sales plan, with targets, objectives and initiatives for regions in support of national objectives
- Maintains and expands customer base in line with national goals by coaching regional teams; building and maintaining rapport with key customers and identifying new customer opportunities
- Collaborate with regional teams, operations, procurement and customers to create solutions that drive revenue and profitability
- Networks, Partners and Leads in representing the business at conferences, seminars and exhibitions and is seen as a recognised voice in the industry.
- Ownership of key client relationships
- Deliver sales meetings that inspire and drive accountability within the sales team along with quality sales content for continuous improvement
Skills & Requirements:
- High standard of education, ideally with business analytical skills
- 5+ experience in sales/sales management
- Ability and proven experience to understand and analyse Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and ROI
- Proven experience in managing, training and developing successful sales teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written
- Knowledge of managing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs and ROI)
In return the business will offer a competitive base salary of around £65,000 - £70,000, depending on experience with a very achievable OTE of £100,000.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone will significant sales experience and gravitas to join a well-established business to lead their sales strategy across the country. If this role is of interest to you, please submit your profile now for consideration.