Area Sales Manager
- A leading European garden products manufacturer with subsidiaries in the US, Australia and China.
- Over 50 years of trading history and experience.
- Highly successful UK operation supplying hundreds of independent and multiple retailers.
- Founded in Germany over 50 years ago, this is an innovative manufacturing business that has captured market share by manufacturing high quality products at very competitive price points.
- They have a reputation for exciting product development, and they continue to invest in the future.
- An internal promotion has created this new opportunity.
The Role of Area Sales Manager:
- Calling on independent garden centres and branches of groups, the job holder will work from home and create an effective journey plan that maximises customer contact.
- Moving through the seasons your broad role will include pre-season order capture, building displays, in-season repeat orders and new stockist prospecting.
- You will enjoy exposure to a range of business situations from sales presentations; terms negotiation; delivering in-store training and merchandising – but the core requirement is to build relationships with customers and make it easy for them to do business with you.
- You will be part of a small, committed field sales team where flexibility is important in order to support each other and maximise results.
The person for this Area Sales Manager opportunity:
- Based close to the M25 Hertfordshire, Essex, London, Surrey or Kent we are looking for an experienced field sales Representative who has called on garden centres or other independent retailers.
- You should enjoy outdoor living and feel excited at the prospect of working with some of the best garden centres in the UK.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential together with the ability to influence buyers to commit to more stock, a wider range and more display space. Ultimately you need to be able to close sales meetings with an order!
This is an excellent opportunity with a thriving business that supports personal development and will encourage on-going learning and training.
For more information and to apply please contact Nick Hester at Cavendish Maine recruitment:
South East – home based
Name: Nick Hester
Telephone: 01275 813030
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.