Buyer - FTC
Buyer – FTC
Job Title: Buyer
Sector / Industry: FMCG/Manufacturing
Job Reference: SM 24897
Our client are an industry leading FMCG manufacturer with a wide range of market leading products sold globally. An exciting new opportunity for a Buyer is available to support manufacturing with all direct raw materials, packaging and indirect items.
- Assure effective procurement of all goods and services in line with division processes, e.g. demand approval, supplier approval, invoice queries and spend analysis
- Negotiate with international supplier base and negotiate to maximise cost savings and deliver on annual cost saving KPIs
- Liaise with planning and multiple functions (manufacturing, customer service, marketing etc.) to ensure OTIF targets and inform on difficulties
- Work closely with NPD department on purchasing requirements and regulations
- Chair weekly planning meeting with senior management to run through schedules
- Support direct reports with leadership and mentoring
- Ensure Purchase Invoices are accurate and pass for payment to accounts
- Adhere to all Health & Safety practices throughout the site
Essential Buyer Experience:
- Proven background in fast paced manufacturing environment as a Buyer
- A clear communicator at levels with the ability to challenge business leadership
- Must have proven negotiation skills and cost saving achievements
- A team leader with staff development experience
- Comfortable managing multiple concurrent complex projects
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) minimum level 5 (Desirable)
- Knowledge of SAP business 1 (Desirable)
To apply for the Supply Chain Manager role, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Sam Miller, or alternatively submit your application via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 10 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.