Junior Account Manager IH/OOH
Junior Account Manager IH/OOH – Based Old Windsor, Berkshire
Base Salary, plus 20% Bonus Opportunity, Company Car and a generous benefits package
Perfetti Van Melle is a privately owned international manufacturer and marketer of sugar confectionary and chewing gum. Sitting third in this market globally, we employ over 19,000 across 35 operating companies with sales in over 150 countries. The company has shown impressive growth over in the UK over the last 12 years.
The PVM portfolio of products Globally contains many household names across all continents. In the UK the four key brands are Mentos (mint and fruit candies and chewing gums), Smint (power mints), Fruittella (fruity, chewy candies) and Chupa Chups (lollipops and bubblegum).
Following an internal promotion and a subsequent account restructure, we now have two opportunities for Junior Account Managers to join our highly successful and professional In Home and Out of Home Sales teams.
Purpose of the position:
Take ownership of tailoring the UK trade story develop the sales and distribution of PVM brands in the grocery multiple and discount channel through tailored implementation of account plans derived and in line with channel plans which represent the overall UK Strategy. Responsible for developing strong working relationships at all levels in account base and constantly building PVM’s credibility in the trade. Build market shares in account base and create platforms for future growth through developing sustainable JBP’s which are to be tracked and monitored for compliance. Provide administrative and analytical support to Channel Sales Director and Senior National Account Managers with ‘Must Win Accounts’.
- Direct management of some key development Accounts – proposing balanced promotional programmes and development of our channel strategy creating a platform to facilitate further growth.
- Take full P&L ownership both top line and bottom line which will be targeted accordingly.
- Forecasting responsibilities for account portfolio liaising with our Supply Chain team.
- Formulate extensive account plans – Use P&L analysis of the current situation and recommend commercially viable propositions for implementation.
- Support Channel Sales Director with administration of National Accounts including but not limited to –EPOS, NLF’s, Promotional Proposals & Analysis etc.
- Build sustainable mutually beneficial contracts with the accounts that are audit proof and financially compliant.
- Manage JBP and promotional plan with customer including in store activation and supporting customer media plan.
- Improving and developing communication between channel controllers and field sales teams with regards to regional account contacts, promotional programs, NPD launches, Sales trends and store specific opportunities. (i.e Epos and gap analysis)
- Informative contact reports within a reasonable time frame of appointments to inform and prioritise action.
- Supporting of sales arguments towards the In-Home accounts, using analyses such as IRI, Litmus, EPOS/retail systems and Kantar.
- Monthly reporting to the business with a thorough update of account developments which includes sales trends, market shares opportunities and any other factor effecting our business
- Carry out Field sales rep accompaniment to monitor and check agreed account objectives
- GSCOP – compliant and implement PVM code of conduct at all times.
- Commercially driven and always open and proactively looking for opportunities to grow the business profitably.
- Able to demonstrate a clear vision on their ability to effectively support and grow existing accounts, plus manage and develop good relationships already in place.
- Confident and process driven person with a proven track record in problem solving.
- Passionate about the customer and improving the customer experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others to help make decisions when issues arise, ensuring the best interests of both the client and company are met.
- Motivated and self-driven, never gives up on the sales process.
- Ability to create impact by a commanding presence.
- Strong analytical skills (Advanced Excel & PowerPoint knowledge).
- The ability to demonstrate pro-activeness in all situations.
- Team-player (cross-functional collaboration).
- Commercial skills (understanding of sales and margin drivers).
- Excellent time management and organisational skills in order to keep on top of projects.
- Attention to detail with internal administration.
- Attitude of continuous learning
- Fluent spoken and written English
But don’t take it from us – here is what other PVM employees have to say:
“When I first came to Perfetti, I was surprised to find a family-like culture of fun, happy, and welcoming people.”
“I am given a great deal of independence in my daily work and I know I can rely on my manager and teammates for expertise, advice, and inspiration.”