National Account Manager- (Grocery)
Who We Are:
Would like to work for one of the Top 10 Brands in the UK?
YouGov BrandIndex’s top UK brands in 2018!
We’re a unique Yorkshire family business and are one of the country’s most respected tea and coffee merchants. Taylors blends Yorkshire Tea as well as Taylors market leading roast and ground coffees, and a range of speciality teas; the Yorkshire Tea brand itself has doubled in size over the last 10 years and is now firmly established as the no. 2 Tea Brand in the UK!
This continuing growth has enabled us to strengthen our senior marketing & sales teams with incremental external talent from a variety of blue chip branded organisations. The Group is heavily values driven with high levels of staff engagement and retention which means we are fortunate to have a large number of long serving employees. Our business is guided by a set of principles which we call:
The Six Ps – Prosperity, People, Planet, Product, Passion and Process. Quite simply these principles underpin everything we do.
Successful & Sustainable growth means that we are now seeking to appoint a National Account Manager- Grocery.
Are you ready to be part of the story?
As the National Account Manager you will be responsible for setting and consistently driving excellence in all aspects of commercial management by developing 2-3 year strategic business plan that will deliver best practice and a point of difference for the customer & consumer alike.
- Develop a consumer-led cohesive strategic Brand business plan with clear KPIs for each of the key categories
- Create and deliver an ongoing unique customer plan which delivers sustainable profitable growth ahead of the market, increased share of trade, a category driving marketing and promotion plan, insight and solutions at the point of sale whilst at the same time increasing sales and profitability.
- Identify new opportunities for value creation for Taylors- Within existing and new categories and new drinking occasions, Through new brands / new channels & Through innovation and challenging current practice
- Work with customer marketing & Brand/NPD teams and external parties (eg data providers, agencies etc) to feed into a Brand & NPD plan for each existing and new categories, driving true consumer led innovation
Being Brilliant at the Basics
- Build, implement and deliver budgets and customer plans (JBPs) that meet the strategic objectives of the sales & brand functions and also those of the customer
- Develop & overlay shopper marketing and brand plans in your account(s)
- Achievement of agreed customer terms and trading conditions
- Monitor sales by customer and/ or channel
- Being the main point of contact in Taylors for your account and the voice of your account in Taylors
- Build and sustain customer relationships ensuring that contact is mutually agreed and at the appropriate level
- Attend customer conferences, industry events and relevant customer meetings
- Manage the information needs of the retailer and deadlines
- Understand your customers’ shoppers’ needs
- Matrix Management of Project to completion
- A True Leader (High Level of Emotional Intelligence) This business is Not simply about "getting the job done"', but also "How" you do this. (And the impact on others around You)
New people joining us comment on the feel of the place, the warmth of the welcome, and the care that we take to ensure that they are able to understand and embrace our culture. We value our people, and the personal skills, experience and qualities that they bring. Indeed history has shown us that you’re career development could come from one of several areas:
- Development within Grocery National Accounts or Leadership Focused Channels (as We sustainably grow the Business)
- Movement into more Shopper Marketing or Category Focused roles
- Movement into International or even Consumer Marketing Roles
This is one of the key reasons people tend to stay with us for a long time. We believe in developing people as individuals and we provide learning and personal development opportunities for the collaborative and peer-based working that is becoming a signature of our workplace culture.
The ideal candidate will be Classical Trained with strong experience in National Accounts working for a Leading Blue-Chip Branded FMCG Business and will already be operating within a Grocery Channel Role.
However we are also open to exceptional candidates who could be operating in FMCG Own Label or a Smaller Branded House across Grocery. Additionally we are also willing to consider dynamic candidates who could be at a slightly more junior level, but you must be clearly leading your “peer group” and be ready for the greatest challenge of your career to date. A "strategic" perspective and Strong Relationship skills are a must, as this role is one of the most important within the Commercial Team.
Please Note: We have chosen to work exclusively with PT Executive; therefore we kindly ask that other recruiters respect our decision and do not contact us in relation to this role. Thank You.
Apply for National Account Manager- (Grocery)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly