- Do you have a background in nutrition, Vitamins / supplements?
- Are you looking for an entrepreneurial business with huge growth ambitions?
- Are you a true innovator and want to make an impact?
- Flexible on location
If you’re still reading, then this could be the role for you!
We’re BetterYou®, a team of passionate pioneers working to transform the natural health market. For 10 years we’ve been experts in transdermal magnesium and oral vitamin sprays, specialising in the supplementation of a growing number of key nutrients, missing from modern-day diets. Our innovative products have won countless awards and industry accolades for their effectiveness and quality, something that we're incredibly proud of.
We have ambitious plans for the future and require a gold standard team to help us deliver our vision.
We're looking for a passionate NPD Technical Manager to join the team and manage our hugely successful NPD programme. Pivotal to the continued growth of the business, the role requires a creative, forward-thinking and confident individual to bring industry-leading ideas to life.
- Produce scientific substantiation for the generation of new product development briefs
- Manage the development of new and existing product development through contract manufacturers and contract research organisations
- Coordinate internal and external testing of NPD and EPD development samples
- Design and coordinate external trials to substantiate NPD and EPD developments
- Ensure products are commercially viable and conduct necessary competitor reviews to benchmark product developments
- Create product training guides and conduct staff training on all NPD and EPD developments
- Work alongside the quality team to rectify product and packaging quality issues.
- Manage clinical trials and PhD’s utilising BetterYou’s product range including organising randomisation and test materials
- Ensure packaging, website and external marketing materials comply with European regulation, ideally in-depth knowledge of Food Information to Consumer Regulation (FICR), Food Supplements Directive (FSD), Nutrition and Health Claim Regulation (NHCR) and Food Additives regulation.
- Ensure that all NPD and EPD developments comply with relevant legislation and guidance
- Attend quarterly Health Food Manufactures Association (HFMA) technical meetings to keep abreast of relevant regulatory developments.
- Support the export team with product registrations
- Writing blogs and articles for external and internal websites and magazines
- Supporting the PR team with quotes and passages for press releases
- Answering customer nutritional and product enquiries
- Supporting the sales team with nutritional and technical enquiries
- The ideal candidate will hold a degree in nutrition or an equivalent subject, and have come from a dietary supplement background, having worked for 3+ years for a similar brand-owner or manufacturer
- The Technical NPD manager will be responsible for managing the end-to-end process, ensuring new products are delivered to brief, fully tested, on-budget and on-time; so, the ideal candidate will need to have experience of managing all aspects of NPD projects and have worked within a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Beyond managing the end-to-end NPD process, the Technical NPD manager is responsible for all internal and external product training, so they will need to be a confident communicator, with an ability to create and present high-quality training sessions to support our sales teams, distributors and retail partners
- A true brand ambassador, the Technical NPD Manager is often called upon to take part in expert panel discussions at key trade events, appear on videos for the website and social media, and provide quotes for press releases–so the successful candidate will need to be confident at public speaking and have good copywriting skills
- And with all these qualities, it goes without saying that the individual will need to be hardworking, self-motivated and personable.
In return, you’ll work in a motivating environment with like-minded, passionate individuals. You’ll benefit from 28 day's holiday (ex Bank holidays), bonus and profit-sharing scheme, pension, childcare vouchers and healthcare.
If you enjoy working within a fast-paced environment and have a genuine interest in health and well-being, we'd love to hear from you