Senior National Account Manager
CSG are proud to be recruiting for a Senior National Account Manager working within Cosmetics. You would be selling residual cosmetics from Rimmel all the way to Bourjois and Gucci, therefore it is not brand building but more a true sales role of effectively trading. New business development would be a big part of the role along with existing business.
Purpose Of The Role:
- Utilising knowledge of business strategy to improve business plans and results, continually reviewing the business priorities to ensure they are relevant to the market opportunities.
- Using broad supplier and category knowledge to develop new business and national accounts, building strategic relationships across multiple functions and levels. Deep understanding of the market, categories and competitors to maximise revenue and profit within all trading categories in addition to launching new initiatives.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Accountabilities (personal area of control or decision making and what they monitor)
- Deliver and exceed individual and company sales targets.
- Ensuring ongoing development of category, market and competitor knowledge through utilising industry networking software, trade press and physical visits.
- Strong understanding and regularly monitor internal financial measures, turnover vs LY and target, and identify opportunities to drive revenue
- Accurately calculate key measures within the sales role e.g sales and margin
- Create 1-page strategy document for key accounts ensuring alignment with broader business strategic pillars and customer strategy. Gain senior alignment and commitment to the delivery of this plan and reporting on this a minimum of quarterly within account review meetings.
- Has an in-depth understanding of where value lies in the supply chain and attempts to leverage this within customer discussions and plans
- Bring together key internal stakeholders to co-create innovative strategies for the channel and customer to develop new business
- Share insight across the business including factors that drive customer performance to gain input to customer opportunities, taking responsibility for building capability for the use of insight
- Generating a pipeline of new business leads, following these through the qualification to conversion process and reported on within the company CRM system for key metrics to be measured
- Growth of our customer base (net new business growth year on year including no. of customers, channels & categories)
Responsibilities (support function, with ultimate decision making and monitoring located elsewhere)
- Recruitment of customers onto digital trading platform
- Supporting other business functions on ad hoc requests in order to ensure the wider business objectives are met.
- Work effectively with credit control team and the customers payments team in order to maximise prompt payment and handle aged debt
- Provides suggestions on how processes and systems could be refined to improve efficiency and effectiveness, is an advocate of current Ways of working and works hard to build best practice and capability of those around them
- Working with key stake holders to utilise combined knowledge on the purchasing of stock, with a view to maximise profits and efficiency
- Support in the delivery of the businesses budgeted profit targets through cost control, sharing intelligence for making sound commercial decisions and having a "sell for more" attitude
- Engauge in selling of all floor stocks to reduce the volume of aged (over 90 days) and short code stock within the business. Focus on minimising losses and maximising profit.
Key Performance Indicators
- Reporting of Key account / Channel Plan
- Achievement of monthly budgeted sales target
- Generation and conversion of new business leads that ensure the delivery of the new business target in individual sales budget and 7:1conversion ratio
- Aged stock kept below £500k monthly average
- Customer and new business contact tracked within CRM system
Qualifications and Experience
- 5 years sales experience with 2 in relevant market or category
- IT Skills - MS Office
- Degree in a relevant discipline (Business, Languages etc)
- Experience in using CRM Software
- Professional, polite, friendly and amenable
- Well organised and able to manage multiple priorities
- Able to work alone and within a team
- Results Focused with strong Influencing Skills
- Displaying the development of leadership / mentoring skills
- Excellent Commercial Awareness and analytical skills
- Strong communicator and presenter
- Style reflecting the business values: Collaboration, empathy, inspiring trust, resilience and innovation