Packaging Development Manager
Packaging Development Manager
Up to £49k dependant on experience
Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton
Reporting to R&D Enterprise and Supply Chain Manager
What we’re looking for…
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Packaging Development Manager in our R&D team based at our Bolton site.
The Packaging Development Manager will recruit, train, motivate and manage the performance of the packaging technologists to provide an efficient and enthusiastic
team able to create quality packaging for an ever changing market.
The role holder will provide project management capabilities to manage the more
technically complex projects through Enterprise and Supply Chain processes to drive Innovation and CSR projects by assessing new packaging and technologies, competitor launches as well as fuelling the innovation pipeline with consumer centric ideas. In addition you will provide technical assistance/advice to other areas of the business on packaging related issues.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Providing functional expertise to projects in our stage gate process.
- Working with our marketing and innovation teams to provide consumer insights in order to fuel the innovation pipeline.
- Development of brilliant product solutions that deliver against opportunities identified
- Owning the packaging specifications for raw materials and finished products and ensuring that:
- We are supporting risk management by approving alternate sources of supply for key materials.
- We are supporting risk management by approving final product and pack specifications at alternative production sources.
- Supporting Supply Chain in factory change programmes (e.g. new production line,
new process equipment) to ensure final products are delivered to specification
- Identifying and developing, in conjunction with Procurement and Commercial,
opportunities for cost reduction whilst maintaining quality of product experience.
- Changes to raw materials or finished goods specifications
- New supplier approvals
To be considered for this role you will be educated to degree level with comprehensive experience within packaging in an FMCG business, both in development and application to the manufacturing environment.
Ideally you will have experience of managing people as well as strong interpersonal skills as you will be required to coach, motivate and manage team performance.
Knowledge and operation of ISO, BRC, HACCP and other quality management systems is essential.
You will also possess strong commercial awareness and time management skills to deliver projects on time and on budget.
What we offer…
- Competitive salary
- 33 Days holiday (inc Bank Holidays)
- Flexible holiday scheme
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discounts and cashback for selected stores and restaurants
- Healthcare cash plan
- Flexible Benefits
- Share schemes for eligible employees
We Are Barr - Are You?
We are about being brilliant. We are always learning. We are results driven and we build relationships that deliver.
Unfortunately, if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of submitting your application, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.