Area Sales Manager
4 days left
- Contract Type
- Work for a long-established British pet food manufacturer
- Sell a high quality range with a real point of difference
- Enjoy the support of an experienced Sales Manager and committed head office team
Established for over 100 years this is a respected and proven pet and agricultural food manufacturer. After an extensive review of the retail dog / cat food market they have launched three new ranges that meet retailers and consumers needs for price points and product quality. The company is well resourced and supports the field sales team with exhibitions, product samples, display equipment and retailer training.
The Role of Area Sales Manager:
The Area Sales Manager (Sales Representative) will cover the central Belt of Scotland and North East England, travelling as far as York.
You will inherit an established customer base including pet shops, wholesalers, buying groups and agricultural merchants; but there is considerable opportunity for new business development, and we are looking for a Sales Representative with the ability to grow stockist numbers in this region.
Responsibilities will include:
- Deliver agreed sales targets
- Maintenance of existing retail pet business within your territory.
- Business development of premium brands into the independent pet specialist channel
- Keeping the CRM system up to date
- Assist with the development of the pet marketing plan
- Attend promotional and sponsorship events
- Distribute POS and branded signage to promote your pet brands.
- Liaise between customers and departments to ensure customer satisfaction
The person for this Area Sales Manager opportunity:
Living in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Newcastle or North Yorkshire, we are looking for a Field Sales Representative from the pet trade who has experience of selling to pet shops and pet trade buyers.
Specific qualities will include:
- Reasonable knowledge of the UK pet trade
- Established relationships within the Pet Specialist Channel.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to identify opportunities and convert into actual sales.
- Hardworking, dedicated, creative and self-motivated
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good IT skills
As well as an attractive basic salary this opportunity offers a performance based bonus, company car, mobile, laptop and company pension plan.
For more information and to apply please contact Nick Hester at Cavendish Maine recruitment:
Name: Nick Hester
Telephone: 01275 813030
Scotland and North East
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.
Apply for Area Sales Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly