My client are looking for a Product Designer to join their team in Newcastle upon Tyne. The ideal candidate will come with a Bachelors degree in fashion, product or industrial design (or a similar field), advanced level Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop experience, has a passion for clothing and trends as well as, ideally, experience in footwear and apparel design.
The client are one of the fastest growing companies in the North East.
The Product Designer will be responsible for developing collaborative products with brand partners from concept to final production as well as able to produce line art to communicate design concepts, including multiple views and details as necessary in both 2D and 3D. You will also be able to create supporting artwork which illustrates design concepts and tells stories to the consumer
The successful Product Designer will have the following demonstrable skills and experience:
- Hold a degree in fashion, product or industrial design (or similar field)
- Advanced level Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Trend aware and highly creative
- A well-rounded designer and have an interest in all areas of fashion and lifestyle
- A strong interest and knowledge of footwear would be advantageous
- Strong communication, organisational and presentation skills - able to work with key stakeholders inside and outside of the business
- Ability to receive design critique and respond with multiple solutions
- Understanding of materials and their application to footwear and apparel designs
- Understanding of material development processes and construction
- Passionate and driven individual, who can demonstrate their enthusiasm for product design and an active interest in footwear
- Ability to respond quickly to multiple projects with strong time management skills
- Confident, personable and a team player
- Excellent product and industry knowledge
- Strong team player as well as ability to work independently
- Able to commute daily to office in Newcastle upon Tyne
On offer is an excellent career opportunity within on of the North East fastest growing businesses as well as excellent career progression opportunities. Salary up to £25k DOE.