Head of Field Sales South
Imperial Tobacco UK (ITUK) is one of the largest Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) companies in the United Kingdom. Our mission is to create something better for the world’s smokers, whether that’s via a tobacco portfolio that offers consumers comprehensive brand choice or through our best-selling e-vapour brand, blu. ITUK is part of Imperial Brands PLC, a dynamic FTSE30 FMCG company, and is a certified Top Employer 2018. For you, that represents an amazing opportunity - this is a place where ambitious, smart and independent people can really make an impact.
Working alongside the Head of Field Sales North, you will be jointly accountable for leading a multi-award-winning team, which as regularly voted as the UKs Most Effective Salesforce by over 20,000 retailers.
As Head of Field Sales South, you will have full responsibility for the field sales execution of our product range in all channels of the UK market, including Key Accounts, Independents and Wholesale. You will deliver the business strategies and objectives within the UK market, to achieve volume, sales, market share and profit objectives and to ensure alignment to the marketing strategy.
This is a senior commercial and team leadership role, with responsibility for up to £100m Profit
You’ll be an inspirational people leader who’s able to drive sales metrics through the team, as well as leading and driving a positive performance culture. The role holder is expected to challenge conventional thinking to drive innovative ways in which to deliver improved return on investment and better customer engagement.
This is a field based role covering the south of the UK. Candidates will ideally be placed along the M4 corridor to provide coverage to the region.
Strategy and Execution
- Collaborate, influence and shape thinking of other key functions to co-create commercial and trade strategies for the total UK market.
- Take overall accountability, driven through the team, for the execution of all initiatives to fully own the delivery of volume / profit / share, and brand objectives within the total UK market (Key Accounts, Independent and Wholesale Channels)
- Overall responsibility for the total UK business – take full budget responsibility for headcount, expense, and certain elements of execution.
Customer Management and Development
- Build exceptional internal and external networks at a senior level to ensure superior execution of plans and early warning processes driven by insightful market knowledge.
- Establish exceptional relationships with key customer contacts in the channel in order to gain high levels of trade support and loyalty whilst enhancing the understanding of the fragmented trade environment. This individual is expected to be both an excellent people leader, and an astute commercial manager.
Leadership and People Development
- Lead, develop, coach and manage a direct team of 10 Area Business Managers. Through this direct report group, set the direction, motivation and high-performance culture of the teams of Retail Development Representatives and Field Force Development Executives.
- Constantly review and assess capabilities – and build a team of talented, motivated experts. Recruit internal and external talent where necessary.
- Ensure adherence, compliance and communication with all relevant legislation and competition law.
- Be a strong internal communicator at senior levels. Develop internal relationships built on trust and mutual advantage.
- Drive the delivery of external relationships to deliver commercial and CORA advantage at an entire channel level. This includes Key Accounts, Key Account Wholesale and Independents.
Skills & experience:
- Significant experience in a Sales role, preferably but not essentially within FMCG
- Outstanding track record of success within a major field sales division operating across a number of trade channels. Including consistent delivery of sales and profit numbers.
- Experience of driving performance, coaching and developing teams of 5+ sales managers
- Commercial and sales oriented – with an understanding of how and where to make money, coupled with an intimate understanding of the total margin value chain within the total UK market.
- A passion for working with people and customers in partnership – the ability to stand your ground but to do so with a sense of mutual partnership is critical.
- Excellent commercial acumen - knowledge of pricing/profitability/ROI with the proven ability to build strong business plans
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to manage, motivate, inspire and develop the performance of others
- Independent self-starter who can maintain high level of personal motivation in challenging circumstances
- Sound knowledge of IT business applications (Excel & Powerpoint)
What we offer:
This role offers very competitive basic salary with fantastic benefits including up to 40% bonus, company car or car allowance, competitive pension, LTIP, private healthcare for family and 29 days holiday.
Interested applicants should apply with their CV highlighting their suitability for the role.