Warehouse and Distribution Manager
We are pleased to be supporting a leading food manufacturer in their search for a Warehouse and Distribution Manager. An established branded business, our client also manufactures own label product for leading retailers giving this role a wide variety of both internal and external customers.
Reporting to the Group Warehousing and Distribution Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of exceptional service to both internal and external customers. Pivotal to the role will be the ability to engage and motivate the team; developing and mentoring their workforce to achieve maximum productivity whilst minimising cost and working to the highest quality and safety standards.
Some of the key responsibilities are:
• Leadership of the H&S action team
• Cross functional working, developing stakeholder relationships to ensure delivery of customer expectations
• Organisation and control of the warehouse to ensure stock accuracy and productivity optimisation as well as minimisation of obsolescence
• Drive continuous improvement across the site
• Ensure achievement of both internal and external customer service levels of 98.5% minimum on a weekly basis measured by cases ordered vs cases delivered on time.
A strong leader the successful candidate will be a proven logistics professional able to thrive in a high pressure fact paced FMCG environment. The key requirements for the role are:
• A demonstrable track record of engaging, developing and mentoring teams of individuals.
• Ideally degree qualified and experience working within a blue-chip environment for a large-scale FMCG manufacturer or 3PL business.
• Experience working in a large scale Warehouse facility
• A proactive approach, actively encouraging the continual development of colleagues