Global Category Manager
One of of key clients are looking for a skilled Global Category Manager to join their business in Newcastle upon Tyne. The ideal candidate will be strong Category Management background, ideally within B2C, FMCG sector.
The client are a premium brand based in the North East.
The Global Category Manager determines and owns the strategic direction and drives the commercial agenda for their categories, worldwide - to ensure that Strat Plan and AOP brand health and EBITDA targets are met. Identifying multi-market consumer-based NPD/EPD initiatives. The GCM analyses global insights, purchasing and trend data and fact-based product & consumer information to develop a compelling rolling 3 year category strategy. The GCM works through the NPD and regional marketing teams, to ensure that relevant product - which will grow the category's profitability, enhance the brand, and delight our consumers - is available on-shelf, on time, via our chosen distribution outlets
The successful Global Category Manager will be experienced in the following:
- Tracking competitive landscapes and identifying relevant opportunities for category growth.
- Understanding of consumer and competitor insights of the key markets & barriers to consumption.
- Supporting a Global Category strategy - focus projects within your category and own the commercial P&L for that piece.
- Being accountable for prime margin percentage of products in focus categories that you are assigned to.
- Accountable for prime margin (in cash terms), globally and by region, supporting GMs to develop and deliver the commercial plan.
- Collaborate with regions to review commercial performance and agree local execution plans.
- Manage Product life cycle management within your dedicated category
- Launch tracking & 12 month post launch reviews
- Accountable for key brand health metrics: awareness, consideration, self-reported purchase, recommendation
- Evaluate the impact of brand build activities on their categories across regions, in order to determine whether to upweight, share, optimise or course correct key initiatives
- Develop brand build briefs for development by either the Global Digital team or the global agency
- Work with the Commercial Finance Manager (Category) to determine ROI for brand build activities, and to improve the efficiency of A&P investment globally
- Develop mandate & scoping documents for Global NPD and Innovation projects, in collaboration with key 'RACI' stakeholders.
- Support the NPD team in developing business cases which are compelling from a category, consumer & commercial perspective.
- Provide content for the annual IGNITE and FUEL events
- Implement and maintain regular Global meetings protocol with regional commercial and Global Brands teams to update/align on category performance and to share best practice
Excellent role in one of the most sought after companies to work with in the North East - up to £50k salary DOE plus company benefits