National Account Executive
National Account Executive
Rickmansworth, United Kingdom:
Imagine working for a company with a mission you can truly believe in, a playful and energetic culture, a talented team of coworkers, and a bright future! Melissa & Doug, the toy company committed to nurturing childhood wonder, is looking for a National Account Executive.
In this role, you’ll be an essential part of our mission to inspire creativity and imagination in children throughout the world with thoughtfully designed toys that spark free play.
We’re seeking a dynamic, talented and driven National Account Executive to manage, develop and expand our diverse customer base. You’ll work with the National Account Manager to drive profitable sales growth to outperform the market competitors by developing and nurturing new business relationships and growing the existing customer portfolio.
What you’ll be doing:
- Business planning – support National Account Manager on account growth plans to grow existing accounts and win new business while investing for growth via targeted trade investments to deliver profitable growth and meet revenue and margin targets.
- Relationship management – establish, build, and maintain strong relationships with a wide variety of retail partners, attend meetings with the customers and represent Melissa & Doug at Trade shows.
- Customer influence – influence customers to grow sales through joint business planning of win-win solutions - improved ranges, better merchandising, efficient and effective trade support, and managing stock levels
- Account compliance – track account execution of planograms, in-stock levels, sell through data, promotion execution, and work with accounts to correct any issues.
- Team collaboration – be an active and integral part of the broader European sales team, share learnings, collaborating on cross-country accounts, and strive for continuous improvement in approaches.
- Forecasting – provide accurate and timely forecasts while considering account trends, seasonality, and promotion windows
- Administration – undertake Sales admin duties as and when required, producing reports and presentations for customer meetings
What you’ll have:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Proven experience in consumer sales, account management or business development
- Successful and proven track record of sales achievement
- Proactive, forward thinker, action orientated and focused on achieving smart goals
- Excellent time management skills, be able to work at a fast pace and manage a varied work load
- Flexible, resilient and adaptable
- Excellent problem solver and solutions oriented
- Excellent analytical skills with an ability to think and execute tactically
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, planning and organization skills
- Excellent negotiator with strong influencing skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Proficiency with MS Office including Excel, Word, Power-point, Outlook.
- Excellent attention to detail and able to work on own initiative
- Confident, self-motivated and willing to learn new skills
- Ability to think outside the box, logically, accurately and proactively
- Excellent team player with a collaborative approach
What’s in it for you:
- Salary: up to £40,000 per annum, dependent on experience
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Flexible working hours; start and finish time
- Employee discount on Melissa & Doug Toys
- An opportunity to work in a fast paced, friendly environment and make an impact
Melissa & Doug started with just a boy, a girl, and a dream. Like many great start-up stories, there was even a garage involved. Nearly 30 years and hundreds of employees later, the company still has that entrepreneurial, playful vibe. With its consistent growth over the past three decades to over $350 million in sales across 100+ countries, with focus on accelerating growth to new levels. To learn even more about our mission, our history and our movement to Take Back Childhood, go to www.MelissaAndDoug.com
Melissa & Doug is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.