National Account Controller
National Account Controller
Salary: Package worth up to £45,000 dependent upon experience
Hours: Full time
Reporting to the Sales Director, this is a high-profile client role within the business and will entail all aspects of Account Management and people management.
To deliver the business plan revenue, profit and efficiency targets from several current clients we have and generate new business. There will also be an element of the role to lead, motivate and develop a team of NAM’s setting high standards, within a results-based culture and understand how to use data to drive performance.
The person will need to develop all direct reports to deliver all objectives required of them and help deliver succession planning within the business.
To lead by example in delivering all aspects of the role to a high standard with integrity and passion and a sense of urgency.
There is also an aspect to the role of seeking out new business opportunities and using your contacts to gain meetings.
Reporting & Key Interfaces
Key interfaces with client contacts, Field Managers and internal Managers at all levels.
Direct reports include National Account Managers and/or others as required.
Location Field Based but office min of 1 full day per week as required.
- Deliver the forecasted revenue and profit for the Business Units associated with the role
- Manage and lead a team of people to develop their skill set in order to deliver our top line revenue and profit plan.
- Set and measure core standards within the team to ensure all being met and sustained ongoing.
- Manage direct reports to ensure they deliver their objectives day to day.
- Develop direct reports to ensure they meet their potential and are able to meet future business requirements.
- Profit & Cost – manage the profitability of the business unit and the associated costs to enable overall plan to be met.
- Provide leadership within the business unit to ensure the customer (whether internal or external) is at the heart of all of our activities.
- Maintain and extend relationships with customers and key decision makers/influencers, ensuring effective contacts are maintained at several hierarchical levels
- Develop strong working relationships with the field teams and other areas within the business.
- Champion the “people agenda “within the business to help identify rising stars and mentor and support key personnel in their growth and development plans.
- Champion standards across the team and the business to ensure we are customer focussed in all that we do and provide exceptional service at all times.
Experience of the multiple retail sector and having worked in a branded organisation is vital and a proven track record in man management is required.
Knowledge & understanding of field-based teams is essential.
Proven track record of dealing directly with at least 2 of the top 4 retailers and ideally experience of Coop and High Street.
In return we offer –
Competitive Salary, Company Car, Fuel Card, Laptop, Phone, Incentive Scheme, Discounted CINEWORLD Tickets, Pension, Life Assurance, 30 days holiday & Healthshield Care Plan.
Tuesday 07 May 2019