National Sales Manager - Independents
Managing nine direct reports this sales position takes full channel responsibility for the management and development of 2,000+ independent customer accounts across the UK & Ireland, serviced through the day to day management of a professional, knowledgeable, motivated and geographically dispersed sales team, increasing profits, market share and brand awareness.
- Ensure the successful achievement of UCC Coffee’s sales goals across all regions, maintaining product mix and selling price margins, working closely with the National Account Controller.
- Lead and mentor the national sales team members, providing leadership and focus, to achieve targets by effective planning, managing and controlling all sales activity to deliver the agreed coffee, machine and maintenance sales targets.
- Lead on projects such as the reduction of Aged Old Machines and be key to gaining traction on these.
- Encourage the selling of additional products and services to existing customers by identifying needs via thorough fact finding and use of robust national/local market intelligence.
- Drive relationships directly with key accounts across all regions, providing timely negotiations and effective solutions aligned with client needs of coffee, machine and service maintenance, closing agreements.
- Keep current with demand and supply of company’s products/services, economic indicators, changing trends and competitor activity, sharing insight and intelligence with Sales team members.
- Monitor, analyse and prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly performance metrics and sales forecasts, providing sector specific initiatives and products that will enhance revenue and increase customer satisfaction.
- Liaise with Marketing to create, develop and implement effective sales strategies, maximising the CRM capabilities, driving prospecting, lead generation and conversion of new business.
- Establish productive and professional networks across all regions externally and internally, driving cross-functional working and providing UCC event support.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Professional and proven National Sales Manager
- Excellent customer service attitude with excellent negotiation skills
- Experience of recruiting & developing High Performance Sales teams
- Trade marketing experience with an extensive background as a project lead
- Demonstrable experience of working with internal account management teams
- Ability to understand and analyse sales performance metrics
- Solid working knowledge of CRM software and Microsoft Office applications
- Strong communication and people management skills
- Analytical skills with a commercial problem-solving aptitude
- Availability to travel throughout UK & Ireland as needed
Salary: up to £50k + Bonus + Company Car + 25 days holiday + other Company benefits