Senior Shopper Insights Manager
Here at PepsiCo we're currently recruiting for a Senior Shopper Insights Manager to join our Insights team!
When you have a brand portfolio that contains names like Walkers, Tropicana and Quaker, it would be easy to rest on your laurels. But not at PepsiCo. We're always striving to achieve bigger and better things. We're accelerating the pace of innovation to meet the nation's evolving tastes. We're strengthening our customer and supplier relationships.
As a Shopper Insight Manager, you'll have every opportunity to grow with us. You'll be responsible for developing and delivering the shopper insight plan for our power house brands across all our retail channels. Make no mistake, the strategic and tactical understanding of the shopper will be instrumental in informing commercial decision-making, developing new customer propositions and fuelling growth. You'll also be expected to communicate your findings directly to customers.
You'll be a skilled analyst, able to synthesise and integrate information from multiple sources, and a confident presenter who can communicate well with colleagues and work with external agencies. Strong influencing and negotiating skills will be key.Job Requirements
- Commission and land new primary research to fill key knowledge gaps and build up a complete picture of the category shopping process, triggers & barriers.
- Synthesise findings from all data sources to form strongly evidenced and coherent summaries and implications about how shoppers respond when buying juice and cereal in all grocery channels, formats, and locations.
- Build and share the Shopper Story for top down cascade, to ensure the whole business understands the key points about how shopper behaviour in our category can drive or limit our sales performance.
- Function as lynchpin for Category Managers, pushing out key findings in an impactful, simple and consistent way which makes it easy for them to use for internal decision making (e.g. use of space, range, and product adjacencies) and for customer selling.
- Develop relevant and impactful Shopper Strategy Blueprint for juice and cereal for different stakeholder groups. For example Key facts, merchandising rules, fact sheets and knowledge 'bibles' which are the user's reference guide to what they need to know about the juice & cereal shopper.
- Integrate robust shopper insights into key business processes and external outputs which should included Category Vision, Strategic Business Plan, Situation Analysis and Calendar Sells.
- Be seen as the ambassador of key shopper scorecard metrics so as to ensure the business especially Sales & Marketing is focussing on moving the right metrics.
- Experienced in developing & preparing shopper insights projects and working with external agencies
- Strong analytical skills - ability to synthesise and integrate learning from multiple sources and see the connections in data, trends and events to generate insights
- Excellent project management skills - ability to co-ordinate several diverse stakeholders and to manage performance of external suppliers.
- Aptitude to learn fast, to absorb and integrate new facts and methodologies into normal operating process.
- Effective communication skills - accurately identifies the role of different stakeholders & tailors communication messages & style accordingly.
- Challenge & Influencing Skills - experienced & effective at influencing and challenging senior internal stakeholders and agencies.
- Flexible and responsive approach, prepared to discover new solutions to new challenges as they arise and remain tenacious in achieving the required