Export Sales Manager
National Account Manager
Department Head of / Team Leader
Purpose of Role
Ensure the development of new business and national accounts, building strategic relationships across multiple functions and levels. A Strong understanding of the market, categories and competitors allowing them to maximise revenue and profit within all trading categories in addition to launching new initiatives.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Accountabilities (personal area of control or decision making and what they monitor)
1. Deliver and exceed individual and company sales targets.
2. Ensuring ongoing development of category, market and competitor knowledge through utilising industry networking software, trade press and physical visits.
3. Understand and regularly monitor internal financial measures, turnover vs LY and target, and identify opportunities to drive revenue
4. Accurately calculate key measures within the sales role e.g sales and margin
5. Create 1-page strategy document for key accounts ensuring alignment with broader business strategic pillars and customer strategy. Reporting on this a minimum of quarterly within account review meetings.
6. Time management is clearly aligned to the delivery of the business objectives as opposed to a 'scatter gun' approach
7. Uses processes and tools to make better informed decisions, utilising data available.
8. Understand what levers can be used in negotiation to maximise revenue and profit.
9. Generating a pipeline of new business leads, following these through the qualification to conversion process and reported on within the company CRM system for key metrics to be measured
10. Growth of our customer base (net new business growth year on year including no. of customers, channels & categories)
11. Identify key stakeholders within the customer and build effective contact strategy in order to leverage relationships to achieve objectives
12. Creating targeted offers for both existing and new categories utilising all stock on the floor in addition to pre-sell stock.
13. Focus on maximising profit through accurate costing of additional costs such as Transport, Rework and Translations.
14. Communicating and managing the negotiation with customers using physical meetings, telephone calls and email with the objective to build rapport
15. Generating business review documents for customer meetings detailing commercial and strategic performance vs plan, new white space opportunities and risks to the business
16. Sharing market intelligence with key stakeholders within the business
17. Analysing sales data in order to identify sales opportunities within account portfolio
18. Ensuring the CRM system is up to date with customer details, meeting reports and email / phone interaction.
19. Communication and ongoing review of customer terms limiting impact to company cash flow or exposure on uninsured debt
Responsibilities (support function, with ultimate decision making and monitoring located elsewhere)
22. Ensuring governance procedures are adhered to.
23. Supporting other business functions on ad hoc requests in order to ensure the wider business objectives are met.
24. Work effectively with credit control team and the customers payments team in order to maximise prompt payment and handle aged debt
25. Working with key stake holders to utilise combined knowledge on the purchasing of stock, with a view to maximise profits and efficiency
Key Performance Indicators
· Achievement of monthly budgeted sales target
· Generation and conversion of new business leads that ensure the delivery of the new business target in individual sales budget and 7:1conversion ratio
· Aged stock kept below £500k monthly average
· Customer and new business contact tracked within CRM system
Qualifications and Experience
· 3 years sales experience with 1 in relevant market or category
· Fluent in local language to the sales territory in addition to English
· IT Skills - MS Office
· Professional, polite, friendly and amenable
· Well organised and able to manage multiple priorities
· Able to work alone and within a team
· Results Focused with strong Influencing Skills
· Solid Commercial Awareness and analytical skills
· Strong communicator and presenter
· Style reflecting the business values: Collaboration, empathy, inspiring trust, resilience and innovation