Export Sales Manager
Job Role: Export Sales Manager
Reporting: Sales Director
National Account Manager - Gifting - South
Are you interested in working with a leading Gifting and Home business? Do you have experience selling Gift, Toy and Homewares into International Accounts? If yes, we could have the right opportunity for you…
CSG are currently exclusively representing one of the UK's leading manufacturers and suppliers of Gifting who are now looking to add additional head count to their team, in the form of a Export Sales Manager. The business has gone from strength to strength over the last 2 years and they have established themselves as a market leader of toy, gift and homewares.
As the Export Sales Manager you will report directly into the UK Sales Director and have the capability to work autonomously. This role will need you to be able to hit the ground running, so you must have a proven track record at a senior sales level with background In FMCG, ideally Gifting. You must have first-hand experience of direct sales and increasing turnover with large UK National and Key Accounts.
This is a split home and office based opportunity however there will be weekly meeting to attend at the head office near Brighton, so Ideally the right candidate will be based on or below the M4 corridor however exceptional candidates outside of this radius will also be considered. The role will require the successful candidate to travel national wide, as well as potential overseas business trips.
The primary responsibility for the Export Sales Manager will be to manage, develop and leverage existing relationships, whilst identifying new business opportunities to grow sales and brand awareness across Europe, North & South America, Australia, Russia, and UAE amongst other territories worldwide.
- Implement the company export strategy in line with the overall aims and requirements of the Company to boost sales performance.
- Grow existing accounts and develop new international business avenues.
- Organize, attend and participate at international and domestic trade shows to generate new sales opportunities.
- Work closely with sales, operations, accounting, NPD/marketing teams to build, develop and execute strategies in line with corporate objectives.
- Stay abreast of competitor activity and market insight to develop a competitive edge
- Be responsible for budgeting and meeting annual sales targets
- Plan and carry out customer visits to a regular agreed schedule to ensure full coverage of the export market.
- The successful Export Sales Manager will ideally have:
- Business Management and/or Economics Business degree
- 10 years-experience within Export/International Sales - with proven success
- Have exceptional interpersonal and organisational skills, with the ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders at various levels
- Have a real passion for the Gifting/Novelty/Gadget/Home industry and its market trends
- Be able to work autonomously and with the team based out of the HQ.
- Be comfortable in travelling frequently across multiple regions
- Preferably be able to speak an additional European Language
- Be a self-starter, entrepreneurial, commercial and determined individual who can really make a difference in a corporate environment
- Be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong decision making and negotiating skills
- Self-motivated and ambitious
- Capable of senior level meetings and presentations
- Lateral thinking and proven success of building a fledgling brand to a market leader
- Team work with colleagues
- Clear and concise reporting skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Genuine interest in working to promote and develop high quality products
- Flexible and used to working under pressure
- Excellent written and personal presentation skills
- Full computer literacy
- Driving aggressive sales of the businesses produce which will be measured on a YOY basis.
- Achieving budgets and targets.
- Customer retention and growth of sales with existing customers
- Meeting deadlines and timely and accurate reporting
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, we look forward to receiving you're CV.