Key Account Manager - Tesco
My client is globally recognised Toys and Games business who have had significat growth over the last 5 years. The business prides themselves on the brands and products within their portfolio; as well as their reputation in the market place. They are now looking to add an additional Key Account Manager into the business who can maximise the responsibility and deliver on profitability within the Tesco's account.
As the Key Account manager, you will be responsible for all the product categories selling into the likes of Tesco's. This role comes with a high level of autonomy so you must be a self-motivated individual and be able to think on your feet. You will be expected to be in the office 3 days per week when you are not visiting customers, which is in the South of England. As the Key account Manager your responsibility will include but not be limited to:
- Developing bi-annual business plans that deliver upon company goals and meet customer needs
- Deliver product presentations, business proposals and ad plans to customers on time
- Understand the customer timelines and proactively provide customers with all information and materials required to make decisions and manage business effectively
- Work with support team to develop forecasts that best reflect market realities; update forecasts as required, on a monthly basis as a minimum
- Timely and effective review of actual performance to ensure goals are achieved and adjust plans as necessary
- Manage customer specific budgets and update Salesforce
- Analysis of sell through data and market intelligence to maximise business opportunities while minimising risk
- Work with the Games BM and GBU on the design and development of an own label games programme that could be rolled out to any UK retailer, but specifically to Tesco
- Co-ordinate trade marketing and marketing activity within your accounts to ensure delivery of planned volume, distribution and profit targets
- Ability to build trust, respect and rapport quickly, at all levels
- Top class communication skills, including the ability to create and deliver presentations across various media formats in a stimulating and professional manner.
- Able to analyse information and exercise sound commercial judgement as to actions required.
- First class organisation and time management skills.
- Works in a coordinated and efficient manner so that results are achieved within deadlines and maintaining high standards.