Regional Manager - Contractor Producers
Job Title Regional Manager - Contract Producers
Location – South West England & Wales
Salary - £Competitive Basic Salary + Car + Benefits
From its origins as a small family business in 1938, Noble has developed into a multi-division, fast moving, innovative food business with a turnover in excess of £600m, employing over 1,700 people in the UK and France. Each of our divisions is unique, offering different challenges and exciting career opportunities.
We have an informal style and believe in pushing responsibility and accountability down to the local level. Whichever division you work for, we believe in training and developing all our colleagues and providing an environment where everyone can achieve their full potential.
As a company we are firmly committed to equality of employment opportunity and welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
- Reporting into the Senior Area Manager the main duties of the role include:
- To provide husbandry, technical and commercial advice to producers with a view to improving their overall business performance
- To actively promote the continuous improvement of production, welfare and technical standards on farm
- To carry out routine spot checks within the agreed timeframes, and provide feedback to both Noble Foods Ltd and the producer
- To maintain a commercial awareness of the inputs and outputs of egg production, for example: feed and pullet prices, wholesale egg market prices and producer margins
- To regularly check and update any information relating to flock housing and depopulation dates and any other information relating to flock forecasts.
- To assist the milling, rearing and hen processing divisions in the provision of services to contract producers
- To liaise with packing centres to ensure that all transactions with producers are carried out efficiently and effectively
- To arrange appropriate follow-up action in case of any major audit non-conformance
- To provide any feedback or insight to the Head of Agriculture that may assist with producer recruitment, feed/pullet/hen processing sales, or general market intelligence
The ideal candidate will have a Degree level education, preferably in an Animal Science/Agriculture discipline although this is not essential. Excellent communication skills and the ability to forge relationships in a challenging environment will be essential together with excellent IT skills. The ideal candidate will be based in the region of responsibility or willing to relocate.
- The candidate must have an in depth knowledge of, and experience in dealing with speciality breeds to include:
- Breed management – day old to end of lay
- Bird welfare
- Optimising performance
- Hatchery process
- Relay production and rearing data back to hatchery
- Support breed development
- The candidate must have experience in recruitment of new production, to include being able to display knowledge of:
- The planning process
- Shed and equipment options
- IPPC regulations,
- Breed options.
- Profit and loss projections
- Work closely with industry partners on project development
If you wish to apply for this role please click on the apply button with a copy of your up to date CV in word format quoting ref number 2962/45gj. All direct or third party applications will be directed to our outsourced resourcing Partners, Veritas Partnership Ltd.
All applications to roles advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd are reviewed by our team of consultants. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive we are unfortunately unable to respond to each applicant individually, therefore if you have not heard from us within 5 working days, unfortunately on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Applicants to the positions advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd consent to Veritas holding their data in pursuance of recruitment services for this and future roles.