Business Development Executive (Midlands & South)
Dr. Oetker is a family owned business that has been creating high quality foods for over 100 years. We truly believe that “Quality is the Best Recipe” and this ethos has been running through our business since we were founded in 1893 and is a testament to our longevity and success.
With us you have the chance to shape your future and ours in the Food division alongside more than 11,500 colleagues in over 40 countries.
Trust, sustainability and credibility are extremely important factors in the Dr. Oetker family business. The business has developed with these values at its core and now enjoys a reputation as one of the most trusted food brands internationally. Within the UK Business we are market leaders across both Pizza & Cake (Baking), making it a great time to join us on our continued growth journey.
Foodservice (What We Call Professional) is a huge strategic focus for Dr Oetker UK Ltd- and has become a European Centre of Excellence within the Group. OOH- including Foodservice Wholesalers and End Users- Pub Groups, Leisure Outlets, Tourism & Travel is key area for future growth. We know that more people are eating out of home than ever before and that their expectations of quality have never been higher.
This where you could make the difference.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an additional Business Development Executive to join our Professional (Foodservice) Sales team. In this role you will assist in delivering the sales and distribution targets within an agreed portfolio of Foodservice End User & Wholesale accounts.
Purpose of Role
- To deliver sales and listing objectives through the development of new and existing product distribution within end users, coordinating with regional wholesale customers or buying groups where appropriate.
- To actively develop sales of new products through end user contact and presentations to catering decision makers in the field (primarily in the Private/Profit sectors, but will also include Public/Cost sector)
- To support the Sales team in the development of wholesaler and contracted end user volume.
- Sales objectives supported by product specific and listing targets.
- New end user opportunities to be identified and converted through visits and product demonstrations (in conjunction with the BAM and other BDEs ).
- Regular contact (in conjunction with BAM) with current end users to maintain and grow portfolio and relevant relationships.
- Regular contact with regional wholesalers and buying groups (in conjunction with BAM wholesale) to facilitate listings.
- Establish and maintain positive trade relationships with all end user contacts by actively adding value to their area of responsibility.
- To execute where relevant mutually beneficial tailored plans and activities.
- Build contacts with local wholesaler or buying group accounts/telesales teams in order to influence focus through provision of samples and other incentives.
- Regular two way contact with specific customer regional personnel in order to maximise central and locally agreed business initiatives and opportunities.
- Presentations to be tailored to customer profile.
- Tactical use of samples and sales aids to encourage customer reaction and to aid dialogue.
- Close liason with account management colleagues to develop sector knowledge.
- To liase regulary with Customer Services and QC to ensure any product and supply issues are understood and actions implemented.
Customer Administration and Reporting
- Maintain and contribute to a system based portfolio file that represents the current situation within the channel in terms of key customers, specific plans, key sales drivers and general account information including promotions, events and distribution measurement.
- Complete all customer administration in full and on time as required Pre and post promotional/event analysis to be completed and presented to line manager after each agreed activity
- Continually updated budget, where appropriate, with exact status on every activity / invoice.
- Detailed post call reports detailing agenda topics and outcomes, agreements and actions/next steps to be communicated to all relevant internal colleagues.
- To support other Team members in the field where necessary to facilitate the execution of the Professional plan – including trade shows, ‘Ra Ra’ days, contract tender management and rapid communication of account/market intelligence
- To facilitate departmental development via good and effective communication and to share experience with others aid best practice principles.
The successful candidate will have a degree or similar and ideally a minimum of 18 months’ experience within the FMCG industry; ideally with direct experience of Foodservice Account Management, however We are also open those candidates who have Regional or Territory Management experience across Cash & Carry, C&I or Grocery.
You will have strong selling, negotiating and influencing expertise and a good working knowledge of delivering a Branded Proposition. Good organisation, time management, analytical and data interpretation skills are essential for this role. Being a strong team player with the ability to work on own initiative and being IT literate (Microsoft Office) and numerate are a must.
Please Note: We have chosen to work exclusively with PT Executive; therefore we kindly ask that other recruiters respect our decision and do not contact us in relation to this role. Thank You.