DIY Sector Manager
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced NAM/KAM from the DIY, housewares or garden trade to make a real difference in the industry.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for delivering membership levels to agreed targets and budget.
- Construct and manage a process for membership retention in line with overall marketing strategy.
- Maintain and develop excellent relations with all leading Home Improvement (DIY) retailers and supply chain influencers.
- Be part of the export committee and promote membership engagement with the process.
- Lead the credit forum meetings.
- Be the Associations lead contact with FEDIYMA (Federation of European DIY Manufacturers) and ensure that any benefits are sold to members.
- Be responsible for creating member networking events (Meet the Buyer days, Forums, Exhibition attendance) and managing successful outcomes.
- Facilitate a minimum of 3 sector committee meetings a year and ensure participants reflect industry balance.
- Participate in member retention project and promote the association and associate member services.
- Participate in Meet The Buyer days, Forums, Exhibition attendance and other events as directed.
- Produce monthly sector reports and attend Executive meetings.
My client is a well known trade association operating within DIY, Housewares and Garden. They represent many companies within those sectors.
They operate to provide a platform for members to network, receive market data, access key retail partners, participate in exhibitions both home and abroad, facilitate export expansion, lobbying on relevant legislation and receive support for general business support. It always represents member’s interests and provides an essential link in the supply chain process.
It is likely you are currently working within the DIY sector as a Key Account Manager or National Account Manager and would see this as an interesting progression in your career.
Key characteristics will include:
- Self starter, used to working outside of an office based environment.
- Good planning and reporting skills.
- Have strong commercial acumen and understand industry issues.
- Excellent team player.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
By responding to this advert you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.