Gü was launched with 3 products in 2003 and now with a current portfolio of over 40 top notch products that are eaten somewhere in the world every 2 seconds. A fabulous story of pure genius and a brilliant team of people with ambitions and plans to take Gü into more categories and eating occasions.
So, "Is ordinary out of the question? Is spectacular up your street? Deliciousness part of your DNA? Then you`ve got what it takes… and we want what you've got. And yes. This is the company you`ve dreamed of working for… Gü Puds, a company on a mission to bring a smile to the faces of pleasure seekers everywhere.
Ever since we first sneaked Gü onto the shelves of a local supermarket, we`ve been pouring our hearts into making these victories more widespread; from a little-known secret to a global taste phenomenon on the tongues of millions. Today, from our new state of the art manufacturing site in Bishops Stortford to the sunny shores of France we're taking the world by storm. With sales of over £60 million we are continuing to grow globally, taking Europe by storm. To us, it`s a labour of love. A journey of joy, every atom of cheesecake, mousse, spread, molten middle, and soufflé is a little victory for us. The fact is, we love our job and you can taste it."
- Negotiate prices, payment terms, and supply agreements with all materials, services and consumables suppliers to the factory @ Bishops Stortford and Shepherd’s Bush.
- Oversee the setting-up and management of contracts for packaging and board, balancing print-run sizes with cost efficiency and forecasted forward requirements.
- Research forward markets for commodities and provide regular analysis for the Supply Chain Manager. Advise on forward purchasing strategy and negotiate contracts with suppliers
- Participate with marketing and NPD on new packaging and ingredients requirements, sourcing new suppliers, and developing new pack concepts and costs.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date material prices on the SAP system. Liaise with suppliers on invoice price accuracy.
- Produce & monitor purchasing budgets and forward forecasts
- Monitor levels of supplier delivery and quality performance.
- Liaise with other Noble Foods companies to optimise purchasing strategies.
- Liaise with the Planners on economic order policies, stock-holding strategies, and supplier lead-times.
- Maintain an awareness of packaging and ingredients compliance and legislation, international trading, import/export regulations, and legislation.
- Progress purchasing strategies which reduce costs and improve product quality.
- Participation in the negotiation of utility, 3PL, co-manufacturing and IT contracts.
- Sourcing and negotiation of equipment for the factory, including capital projects.
- Provide the Head of Supply Chain with purchasing reports and data, including monthly KPI’s.
- Strong Excel skills
- Experienced negotiator
- Good organisational skills
- Can display experience of good attention to detail through data analysis
- Possess or be working towards a professional qualification from the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) (would be advantageous).
- Proven experience in a buying background
- Self starting and action oriented
- Effective communicator, understands the risk of changing suppliers
- Manage contracts
- Problem Solving
If the above sounds like your next move, please apply quoting reference 3049/127GJ
Not right for you? We’d still like to speak with you about other sales, marketing or category management opportunities, so please do send an up to date copy of your CV in Word format and we will call you. All direct or third party applications will be directed to our outsourced resourcing Partners, Veritas Partnership Ltd.
Please see our website for full details.
All applications to roles advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd are reviewed by our team of consultants. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive we are unfortunately unable to respond to each applicant individually, therefore if you have not heard from us within 5 working days, unfortunately on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Applicants to the positions advertised by Veritas Partnership Ltd consent to Veritas holding their data in pursuance of recruitment services for this and future roles.
Refer a Friend Scheme:
If you know anyone who is currently looking for a new role in sales, marketing or category management, or who may be appropriate for any of the roles which are advertised here, please do let us have their contact details (with their permission!).
Please see our website for full details