CSG are currently working with a market leading Gifting business based in West London who are looking for a Technical Manager to join their vibrant, quirky team. This position will also have an assistant who will aid and assist with day-to-day duties.
Title: Technical Manager
Job Purpose: To ensure all factories and the product we offer comply with legal, safety, quality and business standards.
Minimising risk/Product compliance
- Working with product development to assess design concepts/new products to reduce risk of both safety and quality issues.
- Risk assessment of components and their suppliers - follow up on required actions.
- Advising on relevant testing to ensure compliance for the products end destination
- Completing product safety assessments where required.
- Ensuring all products meet the technical requirements for both the business and the retailer.
- Advising on warnings required for each product and its destination.
- Signing off on final artworks.
- Supporting product development team on technical and production matters.
- Understanding the legal standards/requirements for each country.
- Working with labs and third parties to keep up to date with relevant standards changes and updating the business accordingly.
- Ensuring all factories comply with the business and retailer requirements:
- To include:
- Ethical audits/assessments and follow up on corrective action plans.
- Technical audits and follow up on corrective action plans.
- Risk assessment of new proposed factories and follow up on required actions.
- Reviewing factory processes ongoing to strengthen technical capabilities.
- Frequent visits to our factories and new sources to ensure ongoing compliance and improvements.
- Working with factories on wood/paper sources to ensure compliance with EU timber regulations and working towards fsc accreditation.
- Keeping up to date with retailers latest technical and ethical requirements through supplier manuals and portals.
- Attending meetings with retailers where required.
- Ensuring all required documentation is submitted to the retailer on time.
- Working with retailers on customer complaints/returns to provide solutions and ongoing improvements.
Managing Technical Team
- Managing both the technical team in the UK and China.
- To ensure all relevant legal paperwork is compiled and submitted on time.
- Ensuring various technical trackers are maintained and kept up to date.
- Ensuring inspections and testing are planned and carried out where required.
- Working closely with China labs and factories on testing to ensure results are received on time and testing is as cost effective as possible.
- Creating and maintenance of new systems and databases to ensure clear visibility across the department, to include: testing, inspections, auditing and costs associated - with the aim to work more effectively to reduce costs and delays where possible.
This truly is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing, vibrant business with masses of potential. You will not be disappointed!