Financial Controller – 6mth FTC
Financial Controller – 6mth FTC - £50-65k (day rate available)
When it comes to developing leading FMCG brands and being recognized for leading innovation then they don’t come much bigger than this global player. With their continued investment into their brands and people it’s no wonder they are held in such high regard by their competitors and customers. With compelling growth plans, this consumer business is now looking for a 6-month FTC Financial Controller to join their site team.
Reporting to the Head of Financial Controlling - Manufacturing, the purpose of this role is to provide financial decision-making support to the site and to act as a financial lead in driving improvements in the site’s performance, as well as to ensure site budgets, capital investments and three-year plans are optimised and to act a business partner to the site manager.
In this Financial Controller role you will business partner the site leadership team & work collaboratively with the central finance team to ensure financial systems/reports are updated timely. You will also be responsible for the management of 1 Management Accountant, 1 Finance Analyst and 1 Production Analyst and that all reports and analysis are completed in a timely manner.
The responsibilities for the Financial Controller role include:
- To provide, develop, maintain and deliver a system of financial control within company and regulatory guidelines with adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for capturing improvement opportunities, holding site management to account for actual returns delivered.
- Review and drive improvements in site forecasting and performance metrics.
- Drive improvements in Operational budgeting such as bottom up resource planning.
- Coordinate and facilitate the detailed budget and forecasting process of the site, including explaining business impacts to internal, functional and group colleagues.
- Support commercial and logistics teams with new tenders by providing robust financial updates for product costing.
- Support adhoc delivery of projects both for the wider manufacturing and controlling teams.
- To provide the site management team with clear, timely and accurate financial analysis to support operational and strategic decision making.
- Take active part in central monthly management accounts signoff.
- Be a senior finance lead on site ensuring compliance to standards, routines and rituals.
We are looking for:
- Qualified accountant with 5 years PQA
- Proven experience within FMCG
- Ability to operate at all levels
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to business partner and influence decision making within leadership team.
- Needs to be a team player, but capable of working on own initiative, developing skills in new areas
If you have the experience mentioned above and you would like to be considered for this Financial Controller role, please apply below or send CV’s quoting reference 15/15281/7
Whilst we would like to respond to all our on-line applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you do not hear back within 14 days unfortunately the relevant consultant has decided not to progress with your application. For alternative opportunities please visit the workwithseven website