Up to £65k depending on experience
My client are a family owned organisation which has been established over 25 years and turnover c. £48m. The business has an enviable reputation for delivering high quality chilled and frozen products for the foodservice and retail channel, with unbeatable customer service. As a business, they are committed to using the finest quality ingredients sourced from the UK, Ireland and Italy. Having invested hugely into factory expansion and new facilities, they are in a strong position to win new business across all channels which is already proving highly successful. Due to the consistent year on year growth, there is a new opportunity for a Purchasing Controller to join the team.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Purchasing Controller will be responsible for the full purchase process whilst also leading a small team. You will be targeted against best price, quality and lead time - in line with the wider groups’ innovation, operational excellence, cost leadership and customer satisfaction targets.
- Evaluating existing and potential new suppliers across all categories
- Contract negotiations for raw materials, auxiliaries and services
- Building long term relationships with suppliers to create cost effective purchases
- Lead improvement programs across logistics, stock management and procurement
- Ensuring ERP program data is accurate and up to date
- Acting as Category Manager within one or more categories – with responsibility of the group purchase strategy in your category
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have experience in a Purchasing role in a food manufacturing business, with experience working with raw materials. A strong commercial background is essential. You must have strong personal skills and be able to build great relationships with key suppliers. This role will involve managing a team, so experience with this would be preferable.
Please apply below or call Alexandra Atkinson on 0113 205 4970 for more information.