National Account Manager
One of the UK's fastest growing FMCG food companies, currently no. 2 in the UK snacks and Fingerfood. Expansion plans for 2018-19 are extensive and there is now a requirement for a Commercial Director to join our already high performing sales team.
As the National Account Manager you will be joining one of the UK's fastest growing FMCG food companies, currently no. 2 in the UK snacks and Fingerfood. Expansion plans for 2018-19 are extensive and there is now a requirement for a National Account Manager to join our already high performing sales team based in Buckinghamshire.
National Account Manager Responsibilities :
- To manage designated accounts on a daily business.
- To understand customer's strategy and objectives and align with where possible with company strategy.
- Negotiate joint business plans with selected retailers in order to maximise sales volumes, turnover and profitability in accordance with objectives.
- Planning promotional activity and effective execution with account/sales administration manager.
- Delivering NPD plans in accordance with objectives.
- Ensuring the implementation of the brand strategy.
- Market and business intelligence (reporting) - knowledge and update of competitors.
- Identify business opportunities within each account and develop plans to exploit them.
- Clearly present plans to the team and ensure the team is aligned to deliver them.
- Analyse sales performance by customer and report back to the business.
The Successful National Account Manager will need :
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in account management, with ideally experience in multiple retail channels. You must be a strong client relationship builder and negotiator as you will work on joint business plans with customers.
- Communication skills, both written and the ability to present both internally and across a range of customer contacts.
- Ability to plan and organise effectively across a wide range of customers and channels.
- Strong team ethic.
- Analytical ability - able to use national market, customer and internal data to create compelling selling stories for internal and external customers.
- A strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Attention to detail - creating customer proposals, new line forms, promotional proposals etc.
Competitive Basic Salary + Package