European Trade Marketing Manager
7 days left
- Contract Type
At Atom Brands our philosophy is simple. We make and select liquids that are the best they can possibly be, and package them in a way that is awesome. We don’t compromise, we don’t cut corners and we don’t strive to fill niches or build back from arbitrarily-defined price-points. We build the very best liquids that we can. Day-in, day-out.
Our brands include Ableforth’s (Bathtub Gin), That Boutique-y Whisky Co, That Boutique-y Gin Co, The Blended Whisky Co, Origin Single Botanical Gin, The Handmade Cocktail Co, 1897 Quinine Gin and Darkness!
In the last 5 years, we've won dozens of global awards (World’s Best - Blended Whisky, Blended Malt, Grain Whisky, Liqueur, Gin, Spiced Rum & Pre-mixed Cocktail - many on multiple occasions) regularly triumphing in blind tastings against some of the world’s largest and longest-established products from businesses three orders of magnitude larger than ours. Our NPD team is constantly on the look-out for emerging trends and creates convention-defying, disruptive drinks brands. We don’t sit still, and there’s a lot more to come.
Your mission? To get craft consumers drinking and loving our brands throughout Europe!
This is an incredible opportunity to lead the development of our brands and drive world-class marketing across Europe. Reporting to the European Sales Manager, you’ll be responsible for driving growth through incredible channel marketing and activations (on-trade, off-trade, wholesale):
- Own, develop and implement the channel marketing strategy for each brand.
- Ensure European insight is heard, understood and represented in the global marketing plan.
- Work with Sales teams, Global Customer Marketing Managers and regional Market distributors to develop world-class activations of our brands within each channel.
- Work with the Customer Marketing Managers to ensure brand campaigns are compelling and linked to commercial activity.
- Work with Digital Marketing Manager on brand activation through digital channels (Retail Theatre, Liquid Mentorship, Word-of-Mouth & Compelling Campaigns).
- Work with the Global Events Manager on European events.
- Work with graphic designers on the creation of sales tools, such as presentations, point-of-sale, sales incentives, training programmes and tasting programmes.
- Use data, market and competitor analysis and category information to ensure that we lead channel insight within Europe.
- Own and manage the marketing budget, including reporting, measuring ROI etc.
- Execute European advocacy programmes in line with global liquid mentorship priorities.
Experience, skills and qualifications :
- 3+ years’ experience within Trade Marketing in our channels - and ideally within the spirits industry.
- Category development experience with premium/craft spirits would be an advantage.
- Commercial focus with proven ability to drive sales through marketing.
- Comfortable managing own deadlines within a fast-paced environment.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent - Marketing/Business degree preferred.
- Good IT competency, including Google Suite of apps along with ability to produce engaging presentations.
- Strong analytical and data mining skills.
- Fluency in English language and impeccable communication skills.
- This role is field-based and will require extensive travel throughout Europe. A full clean UK or European driving licence is therefore required.
Nice to haves:
- Industry experience in craft spirits - OR - a demonstrable appreciation of all things fine.
- Interest in the on-trade, cocktails and mixology.
- Understanding of cultural differences within the European regions.
- Language proficiency in one or more European languages other than English.
- You are a marketing evangelist with a love of craft spirits.
- You are creative and innovative.
- You have a natural flair for the detail.
- You are proactive, naturally inquisitive and use your own initiative to get things done.
- You are collaborative, a real team player and build strong relationships with all stakeholders.
- You are energetic and enthusiastic, with strong commitment to go the extra mile.
- You are a real team player.
Why work for us?
Other than the standard benefits you'd expect to see from a business (think pension, cycle-2-work scheme, free eye care vouchers, childcare vouchers) we also offer…
- Flexible working - We’re focused on productivity, not the clock. We’ll work with you to make sure you’re happy with how and when you work.
- A relaxed working environment - There are no suits and ties here (unless you insist).
- A challenge - The opportunity to make a difference to the future of the business. It is our people who put us in the 2017 Sunday Times Fast Track 100.
- Personal Days - Seven completely flexible personal days on top of your annual leave, because we all need a duvet day from time to time.
- A healthy staff discount - On our world-class range. Just in case that makes a difference.
- (Un)healthy irreverence - National pizza/doughnut/pie/lemonade/etc day? We got it covered.
Apply for European Trade Marketing Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly