Head of Grocery - Sustainability Focused SME
There is an exciting opportunity to work as a Head of Grocery with an ambitious and determined start-up FMCG company based in Central London. This award-winning FMCG Company has fundamental values based around healthy eating, using natural ingredients to create new product and sustainability. Sustainability is at the heart of everything this company does, they believe compete in a category with some of the largest blue chips and this is a real challenger brand who believe in creating a high quality product that tastes amazing and helps to reduce food waste.
This company is based in Zone 1 Central London and will be predominately office based.
What will you do?
- The primary responsibility of this role is to focus on establishing, managing and developing commercial relationships with customers, to achieve desired sales objectives.
- Achieving revenue, volume and profit targets and other determined KPIs across account portfolio through management of range and promotion mix. (Forecast, budget and track revenues, profit, spends, volume and margin on account portfolio).
- Manage commercial negotiations, developing strategic business goals and joint business plans with customers.
- Work closely with the founder to develop customer specific marketing activation.
- Work in tandem with the Head of Supply to ensure accurate, timely and seamless delivery to your accounts every single time.
- Act as first point of contact for all matters between the customer and the business to ensure an aligned approach. Ensure thorough commercial administration practices are maintained for the accounts.
- Ensure internal forecasting and reporting accuracy is of the highest standard. Review and manage forecast with the customer at key times or ahead of key promotions within the year.
- As a start-up business in the UK, a can-do, results driven personality with and a high degree of flexibility and a desire to succeed is essential. The ability to juggle many balls / accounts simultaneously and to get stuck in across all areas of the business.
- Previous experience as a NAM or SNAM within a UK branded business is essential as well as experience of managing a major grocery multiple. Previous experience opening new accounts is very desirable.
- Previous experience of managing your own account P&L and JBP and a proven negotiator, the successful candidate will be eager to keep growing their accountability and to keep challenging themselves to develop.
- A strong commercial acumen and an ability to work autonomously with a strong drive and entrepreneurial nature is essential. A highly creative and strategic problem solver.
- The successful candidate will be intelligent, articulate, highly numerate and feel very comfortable interacting with internal and external stakeholders at varying levels of seniority.
- High level of comfort with ambiguity, keen to help with building structure and process within the business.
- Educated to degree level.
- Competitive salary + bonus
- Early stage equity in the company with attractive long term incentive plan
Lime Talent is a recruitment agency specialising in the consumer goods industry. To view a broader selection of our current vacancies go to www.limetalentgroup.com or call us on 0207 042 3800.
The Lime Talent team always review and process job applications swiftly. However due to the high volume of CVs that we receive online, we regrettably are not always able to respond to every applicant individually. If you've not heard from us within 5 working days, unfortunately on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Lime Talent Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.