Regional Account Manager: London & East Coast
We are looking for people who have the drive and hunger for sales and to progress their careers at PepsiCo. You would be the face of our brands to our Away From Home/Foodservice customers.
PepsiCo UK is home to some of the world's most loved food and drink products. Making every day favourites like Walkers, Quaker, Tropicana, Doritos and Naked Juice, to name a few! We have a fantastic reputation for developing and launching products that our consumers love. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and have recently won The Times Top Employer for Women for the sixth year in a row. As well as that we have created Strategies for Success, which is a long-standing program designed to accelerate middle - management Female talent.
On a larger scale, PepsiCo produces the world's largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands, including 22 product lines that each generates more than $1billion in annual retail sales.
Our Regional Account Managers are one of the main factors of our success in Away From Home Channel. The passion that they have for our brands and the drive to achieve success is what increases our sales and distribution across the country. They establish both long term relationships with a multitude of Away From Home Customers including Regional Vending, Licensed, Bakery, Wholesale, Leisure outlets (to name a few) ensuring our Brands are driving profitable sales for our business and our customers. You will also be targeted on winning new business customers to drive further our brand sales and product distribution in the channel.
Next time you go down to your local coffee shop, quick service restaurant, travel site, leisure facility… have a look around and you will notice that nearly all our brands are on display in clear view.
Part of this role is understanding what will increase sales and profits for us and our customers as well as excite our end consumer.
You will be fully trained and inducted in to the world of PepsiCo Foodservice with a full induction and wiring opportunity with the total Away From Home Team. You will be expected to wear many "hats" in the role due to the nature and complexity of the channel - so expect to be emerge in the world of every changing environments and customers.
We understand that each of our customers is unique, so you'll be using your past sales expertise, your ability to build winning relationships, lead and sell with insights, communicate effectively both written and verbally, be able to understand the full workings of our business channel and FMCG industry, identify sales opportunities, leverage financial concepts, negotiate to win win solutions and execute the winning sales plans while owning your own P&L's.
We are a results-driven organisation and our expectations are high which is why we need talented, dynamic and hard-working individuals to join us; after all you're the future of our business! In return you'll be given every opportunity to promote your own personal and professional development in a supportive, dynamic and people-centric organisation.
You will run your own region and look after a mix of current customers (with a base of around 35) with a reginal Revenue of around £2 million. You will have a day of admin each week and you'll be out on the road working independently a lot of the time so you'll need to be self-motivated with great time management skills. Each month you will have time with you manager face to face and interactions at monthly team meetings and weekly one with ones.
- Full ownership of journey planning for visits to customers in your region and new business leads
- Own, run and impact a portfolio of Away From Home accounts within your region - Meet Revenue, Range Distribution and profitability targets - leading through execution within your total region for the Away From Home Channel
- Deliver net revenue Quarterly and Annual against business target across Walkers, Tropicana & Quaker Business Unit's.
- Sell/Execute Away From Home Accounts marketing calendar.
- Build, develop and maintain Away From Home account plans to identify and build on regional opportunities to drive net revenue and profit mix.
- Win New Business across strategic, sizeable Away From Home sectors.
- What we are looking for:
We need to see hunger and drive to succeed in a global FMCG company
- Full, manual UK driving License
- Degree educated
- Account Management experience (ideally FMCG)
- Strong Microsoft office skills including Excel & Powerpoint
- Effective communicator who can network at all levels to build valued internal & external relationships.
- Able to create account proposals and calendars.
- Financials - understanding and workings of P&Ls.
- Knowledge of PIUK brands and ideally have knowledge of Away From Home sectors.
- FMCG Industry experience
- Time Management - ability to juggle challenging priorities & multiple account demands.
- Able to plan for and anticipate customer objections and resolve using negotiation techniques in the sales presentation.
- Able to work as part of a team to achieve individual and team goals.
- Collaborates well with others to deliver results.
- Consistently works against the right priorities.
- Demonstrates perseverance and resilience in the pursuit of goals.
- Displays responsible and ethical behaviour towards customers, suppliers and others in the organisation.
- Demonstrates a sense of passion, enjoyment and pride about their work.
- Being part of our organisation will open up a wealth of career development opportunities. Here at PepsiCo we value our employees and we will invest the time to help you find the right career path for you.
Salary & Benefits - Competitive basic salary, business car, company mobile, laptop, flexible benefits package (25 days holiday + bank holiday with the option to buy/sell 5 more, company pension, discounted Hotels & Restaurant deals, Gym discount PLUS so much more!)