Area Account Manager
Area Account Manager – FMCG - £27,000 - £30,000 - (Pet food brand)
Role will cover Surrey / Sussex / Kent / Hampshire / Berkshire
Our client is a privately owned UK based heritage pet food brand, with complete control over the manufacturing process from raw materials entering the site through to distribution of finished packs. Our client is also a respected member of trade bodies including the pet food manufactures associations and the pet industry federation.
The area account manager is to be an ambassador for specific brands in the portfolio and develop valuable business relationships with new and existing customers across a defined geographical area. This means taking full ownership of customers’ needs and delivering outstanding service by effectively planning and managing all activity.
- Good working knowledge of the dog food market and brands within it.
- Ability to manage an Area to maximise potential for existing and new customers.
- Excellent negotiation and sales skills.
- Good commercial awareness and understanding of ROI.
- Initiative and enthusiasm, being both a self-starter and self-motivated.
- The ability to work calmly under pressure and with others who may be under pressure.
- Ability to effectively analyse, interpret and forecast sales data and reports and make effective recommendations and decisions based on this.
- Excellent organisational skills; keeping track of information, priorities and deadlines.
- Flexible approach to work (including overnight stays and some weekend/evening work).
- Full and valid UK driving license.
- Does it right first time.
- Pet Lover
- Exhibits a “can-do” approach with a positive attitude.
- Is resilient and adaptable.
- Communicates with impact, empathy and influence.
- Demonstrates openness and honesty.
- Creates novel solutions to problems.
- Does not get bogged down in unnecessary detail.
- Makes sound decisions based on fact rather than emotion and takes informed risks.
- Works to eliminate all processes that do not add value.
- Arrives on time and prepared for work.
- Is personally responsible and keeps commitments.
- Adapts well to changing priorities, deadlines and directions.
- Undertakes additional responsibilities without fuss.
Geographical area will include: Hampshire, Berkshire, Surrey, Sussex, Kent
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.
At Aspion, our core values have been built around the importance of transparency, innovation, passion and collaboration. As such, we are committed to open communication and the protection of your privacy. We have updated our policies in line with new General Data Protection Regulation