Commercial Marketing Manager, Walkers
Walkers Commercial Marketing Manager
Walkers is on the look-out for a Commercial Marketing Manager to join our marketing team.
If you're passionate about playing a pivotal role on the nation's favourite crisp brand and would like to help impact some of our most significant years in the Walkers brand's history, then read on!
With the brand set for plenty of excitement in 2019; this is a once-in-a-career opportunity to be part of a team with big ambitions. The Walkers Marketing team is responsible for the end to end delivery on the Walkers brand, meaning no matter where your natural strengths lie, you'll get the opportunity to be part and stretch into all areas of the marketing mix whether it's strategy, innovation, activation, comms or in-market execution.
Joining as the Walkers Commercial Marketing Manager will enable you to experience the breadth and depth of Walkers portfolio and build a deep understanding of both the business and the industry. Whether your aspirational career path is within Marketing or broader commercial, this experience will provide you with incredible possibilities for a dynamic career at PepsiCo.
What will you be doing?
As the Commercial Marketing Manager, you will act as the Walkers Business manager; leading and collaborating with multiple areas to deliver the AOP plan. You'll be expected to act and behave as the 'owner' of the Walkers business - monitoring and proposing plans with continuous improvement of the annual calendar. You will take into consideration the full marketing mix across Innovations, activations/communications, pack price architecture, perfect store execution, etc.
At the heart of this new role is the desire to bring together and integrate the voice of customer, consumer and shopper to transform the way we do marketing and more effectively and nimbly adjust and improve annual plan to deliver our financial and brand equity goals.
As a Commercial Marketing Manager at Walkers, you'll support to shape the annual Walkers calendar and key customer activities to consistently deliver the right Consumer and customers solutions based on the key category growth levers - to make Walkers the most loved and biggest brand in UK.
Key roles and responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Collaborate with cross functional team and key UK BU functions to ensure Walkers delivers sustainable and profitable growth: top and bottom P&L lines.
- Co-Lead the Walkers Annual Business Plan and Calendar, based on strong consumer, shopper, customer and market understanding working in collaboration with the Brand platforms leaders (PC, Snacks and Sharing) & Sales planning/execution team.
- Responsible for managing the Walkers annual Integrated Calendar activity.
- Serve as the analytics Walker's point-person on Annual calendar, applying logical and creative thinking to drive to fact-based insights and plans.
- Work with Perfect store, Insights, NR and DX Shopper Insights teams to build a holistic understanding of category performance and deliver strategy & actionable plans to shape in year calendar and LT innovations, renovations & activations.
- Build project deliverables and execute them in partnership with project leaders - demonstrating strong leadership and the ability to challenge the status quo.
- Work with Sales Teams, supply, Finance & Marketing platform leaders to support forecast accuracy.
- You will be the key contact point between Marketing and UK sales team for Walkers - representing the brand in senior strategic forums such as CLT and BFG.
- Lead and support team by identifying relevant, timely and integrated analyses & opportunities with Insights team that will shape Walkers short and long-term plans to deliver PSP growth target;
- Monthly business performance review and action plan.
- Collaborate with 360 team to embed market trends in our plans.
- Evaluate/track innovations, Execution plan and campaing performance (GDM) and adjust strategy to ensure optimum use of budget and ROI.
- Analyse campaign performance and adjust strategy to ensure optimum use of budget
- Lead the Consumer based pack architecture roadmap.
- Monitor our competitors: identifying and anticipating competitor's strategies and tactics across all channels
- This role will also be responsible to collaborate with Sales to develop New Route to Markets (AFH and e-commerce) aligned with Annual Business Plan.
- The Commercial Mkt Manager will be responsible to mange the Walkers A&M and support on the correct allocation to deliver the financial targets.
- Work closely with Leadership teams to improve business tracking and performance measurement.
- Required skills and experience
- Ability to tell stories through data
- Strong analytical skills - ability to synthesise and integrate learning from multiple sources and see the connections in data, trends and events to generate insights.
- Consumer & Customer Obsessed: A passion for consumer experiences, with ability to use research and data to drive actionable insights to inform marketing strategy and improve the customer experience
- Strategic mindset - thoroughly understands the competitor strategies / investment and their future development and builds plans to ensure PepsiCo competitive advantage
- Excellent stakeholder skills - actively seeks and understands the input of others to gain broad alignment to ideas, influencing and shaping where appropriate
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to understand in-depth the technical dimensions but be able to articulate concepts, practices, insights in business-friendly vocabulary.
- An excellent communicator with senior partners, brands, peers and reports (conversational and presentational)
- About PepsiCo
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $64 billion in net revenue in 2018, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. "Winning with Purpose" reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com