People Business Manager - Europe
BREWDOG ARE HAVE ONE MISSION. TO MAKE PEOPLE AS PASSIONATE ABOUT GREAT CRAFT BEER AS WE ARE
Here at BrewDog we love two things: Our Beer & Our People.
We are recruiting a People Business Manager to partner and support our significant growth in Europe across Commercial and Retail.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
This role will be key to sharing the BrewDog story across Europe. As People Business Partner you will drive the below pillars to ensure as we grow, we remain connected to our culture, and nurture it as we grow:
- Attract and Recruit Amazing Talent.
- Develop and Grow World Class Teams.
- Engage and Retain Outstanding Believers.
Over 2019, our expansion plans for Europe are huge! As a result, our People Manager Europe will lead the charge on key strategic projects relating to that – setting up in new territories, keeping us legal and compliant in lots of different jurisdictions, advising on reward and recognition, building employer brand and creating talent pipelines. But importantly, our People Manager Europe will be a hands-on role – expect to play a key role in new bar openings, get involved in recruitment events, be the indispensable font of knowledge for our Retail Operations team, and being the champion of all the things we are passionate about! You’ll be developing business opportunities across Europe, leading on key projects, working with our legal advisers to create contracts, policies, T&C, and occasionally sourcing live penguins for community parties (we’re not even making that one up.)
ABOUT THE TEAM YOU'LL BE WORKING WITH:
Our People team are the gate keepers of culture. We drive high performance through our extensive growth. We empower people to push beyond their potential. We’re a relatively small team, with big ambitions, and a willingness to get involved in anything that improves our employee experience and employer brand.
This role will be a stand-alone position but with massive links into the full People function, who are based in Ellon, Aberdeenshire, and our Retail and Commercial teams will be key relationships.
You will be involved in Commercial and Retail hiring, and will partner with our Heads of Europe and support on Talent Mapping, Succession and team development.
- Strong understanding of at least one of the following: French or German employment Law
- Demonstrable understanding of the fun stuff – TUPE, acquisitions, restructuring and complex employee relations cases
- Wider European employment law is desirable
- 5 years in a generalist HR (we don’t like that term, but we won’t judge you for!) or People role
- Strong working knowledge with HRIS, ATS and payroll management
- Experience in developing comp & bens strategy
- A love for Dogs and Unicorns is a must!
- Super power = being a chameleon!
- Extra brownie points for having a reliable and flexible penguin supplier amongst your brilliant network of contacts.