Area Sales Manager
- Third generation British manufacturing business
- Fun, funky, colourful and design led range
- Many established accounts but huge potential for growth
This well-established British manufacturing business has a reputation for great design, high quality products and excellent customer service. Their latest range is in high demand in garden centres, gift shops and department stores and the company wishes to appoint a new ASM to build on their early success.
You will be one of a two-person field sales team and responsible for the South of the UK, calling on garden centres, department stores, gift shops and furniture stores. Your customers will range from the branches of large retailers (Homebase, Next, Wilkinsons, Blue Diamond, Wyevale) to members of buying groups (AIS / Tillington) and independent stores (Eg. Scottsdales, Longacres).
Your role is to create a journey plan that provides regular contact with customers with specific responsibility for:
- Building eye-catching in-store displays
- Training and inspiring retail sales staff
- Presenting the range to new buyers to secure orders and display space
- Visiting customers regularly to secure additional orders and extend ranges
- Achieving agreed targets for sales, new accounts and product distribution
- Communicating market information and customer feedback to the Sales Director
- Attending trade exhibitions and assisting in-store demonstrations
The person for this field sales role – South:
We are looking for an experienced field sales Representative with experience of selling to the garden centre trade. In addition, we hope to find these additional qualities:
- Based centrally to cover the South – Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berkshire, Bedfordshire, Bucks, Surrey.
- A proven track record of ability to open new retail accounts and grow area sales turnover
- Experience dealing with garden centres and securing sales from decision makers
- Excellent sales skills. Able to question, uncover needs and present solutions
- Right personality – positive, likeable, good sense of humour, builds relationships easily
- Accountable – self managing and well organised
- Enjoys running small training sessions and providing education to customers
The job holder will enjoy a good basic salary and bonus scheme plus car allowance, laptop, expenses and a phone.
By responding to this advert, you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this, please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.