Buckingham Schenk is a family-owned wine producer and importer established in 1974. Working with every part of the UK market, from the major supermarkets and national chains, to on-trade wholesalers and restaurant groups, we thrive on establishing strong relationships between our customers and wineries across all sales channels.
As part of the Schenk Group, one of Europe’s largest family-owned wine companies, we have a close relationship with producers across Europe, putting us truly ‘closer to the source’. We have an exciting and growing stable of brands and a burgeoning on-trade division with an exciting and exclusive portfolio of over 200 wines from our global partners.
We employ 12 people and we now have a vacancy in the Marketing Department for a Brand Manager to manage our consumer events, online marketing and provide marketing support to the wider team.
The role of the Brand Manager is to manage participation in consumer events, run social media accounts and content for all our key brands including web development, Co-ordinating the production of branded assets and to provide support to the Marketing department.
The role bridges the gaps between various departments, as well as between customers and suppliers, so effective communication and adaptability is key. The role is to report directly to the Marketing Director, whilst working alongside the rest of the wider team.
The role is office based in Bracknell with around 10% of travel (UK and Oversees).
General on-going responsibilities include
• Managing the company’s participation in consumer events with support from the Marketing Director, including sample requests and deliveries, catalogue listings, production of point of sale material and promotion
• Managing Social media presence and performance for key brands and producing yearly Social Media plans
• Updating the company website and managing the development of other branded websites
• Produce appealing brand presentations and keep them up to date
• Co-ordinating the production of branded assets and manage library of branded assets
including logos, product sheets bottle shots and images
• Liaising with external design agencies for the production of branded material such as brochures, wine labels, exhibition graphics and other company literature
• Writing and proofreading copy for branded material including wine lists, supplier presentation and other branded material
Providing support for trade events including liaising with the trade press, event organisers and suppliers and help with collecting samples
• Provide support to the sales team in relation to branded presentation for customers
• Monitoring the UK wine market and the performance of our brands and prepare retailer gap analyses to support the sales team • Producing the company’s quarterly newsletter to suppliers
• Attending relevant trade events and gathering insights on the market.
• Liaising with relevant industry stakeholders such as trade association, promotional bodies and others when required
• Good wine knowledge or good knowledge of the alcoholic drinks industry
• Good communications skills
• Analytical and well organised
• Good Project Management skills, attention to detail and reliable
• Good IT skills, particularly Adobe Creative Cloud (mainly InDesign and Photoshop), Powerpoint and Excel
• Familiar with Content Management Systems (WordPress or others)
• Experience of managing multiple business social media accounts • Comfortable with handling multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
• Good understanding of the creative and design process
• Passion for Wine, beer or spirits (WSET Level 2 minimum or equivalent training or experience)
• Approachable and at ease with customers, suppliers and industry stakeholders
• Language skills an advantage (Italian, Spanish or French)