Trade Marketing Executive
Maverick Drinks has a vision to replace mainstream drinks with better quality craft alternatives. To achieve this, we work closely with our partners to reduce their reliance on mainstream brands by introducing them to higher quality, higher margin alternatives that their customers will love. It’s a simple formula that has worked well because we approach business with honesty, transparency, and passion.
We aim to be more than just a distributor. We’re entrepreneurial by nature and leading the craft spirits movement. We strive to add value to everyone we work with, whether it’s our brands, our partners, our team, or our community. We believe in championing transparency and pushing to make the whole world of spirits more open. Often described as disruptive, we’re the ones challenging the norms of our industry and always asking “why?” when something doesn’t make sense.
Most importantly, we think everyone matters – all the people selling our products, drinking our products, reviewing our products, or in any way involved in our products. We’re trying to build a community around them and we’re glad to have everyone a part of it.
We're looking for 2 x Trade Marketing Executives to join our phenomenal team in promoting the Maverick Drinks craft spirits portfolio to our network of trade partners (Luxury & Independent accounts, Managed on-trade, National retailers and Multi Venue Groups). These roles will ensure best representation of our exceptional products across multiple points of sale, as well as support all aspects of our channel marketing programs:
- Support the implementation of insight and industry trends based channel strategy to drive profitable business growth.
- Develop, execute and measure customer activations based on brand and channel strategy.
- Creation of on-brand sales tools; promotions, activations, POS, added value initiative, partner presentations.
- Work cross-functionally with Brand, PR and Events teams to align plans and fully maximise all opportunities.
- Ensure all campaigns maximise ROI by partner and media type (in-store media, digital, print).
- Work seamlessly with Maverick Partner Managers to identify and drive growth.
- Build strong relationships with partners’ digital, category and marketing departments to influence program adoption.
- Assist with budget management.
Experience, skills and qualifications
- 2-3 years marketing experience, preferably within trade and/or customer marketing.
- Experience of managing A&P.
- Strong product knowledge of the UK spirits business, spanning all categories and ideally including craft.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills with ability to prioritise.
- Impeccable communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong sense of ownership, pro-active and comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Adept at relationship and stakeholder management.
- Good IT competency, including Google Suite of apps along with ability to produce engaging presentations.
- Strong analytical and data mining skill.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent - Marketing/Business degree preferred.
- Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Qualification at Higher Level would be desirable.
- Creative and innovative with a passion for marketing.
- Love of craft spirits.
- Naturally inquisitive.
- High energy and enthusiasm, with strong commitment to go the extra mile.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Presentable, articulate, polite.
- A real team player with a collaborative approach.
- Ability to think outside the box and be able to challenge the status quo within the channel, be maverick.
Why work for us?
Other than the standard benefits you'd expect to see from a business (think pension, cycle-2-work scheme, free eye care vouchers, childcare vouchers) we also offer…
- Flexible working - We’re focused on productivity, not the clock. We’ll work with you to make sure you’re happy with how and when you work
- A relaxed working environment - There are no suits and ties here (unless you insist).
- A challenge - The opportunity to make a difference to the future of the business. It is our people who put us in the 2017 Sunday Times Fast Track 100.
- Personal Days - Seven completely flexible personal days on top of your annual leave, because we all need a duvet day from time to time.
- A healthy staff discount - On our world-class range. Just in case that makes a difference.
- (Un)healthy irreverence - National pizza/doughnut/pie/lemonade/etc day? We got it covered.