Salary: circa £40k d.o.e
Sector/Industry: Food & Beverage
Job Reference: SM 11108
Are you looking to develop your Supply Chain career within an internationally recognised brand?
Our client have experienced considerable market growth over the last 5 years and the supply chain division is currently looking to add experienced Planners to the Planning Department.
As the Production Planner, you will work within the Supply Chain Planning Team to identify needs within a specific production region to update and maintain stock levels for fast paced production facilities.
- Prepare, issue and track short and long-term supply plans according to company purchasing policies.
- Confirm Purchase orders with 3rd Party packers including delivery date, quantity, unit of measure, BoM etc.
- Proactively identify slow moving and obsolete material risks, report and follow up by closely working with other functional teams
- Closely work with the product development and project teams to support new products implementation through the supply plans and ensure project launch OTIF
- Maintain regularly Purchase orders and master data within SAP so the system holds the latest details and supports operational plans reliability and accuracy through the IBP.
- Build good work relationship with suppliers and other cross functional team members
- Ensure latest accurate update planning parameters are reflected in SAP/APO and regularly review to achieve optimum finished goods inventory holding within the network
- Regularly identify and anticipate capacity planning for long term defining contingency plans scenarios for issues mitigation
Production Planner Requirements
- Proven background in material / supply planning within FMCG environments
- Highly competent in MRP systems
- Excellent data analysis, problem solving and presentation skills
- Ability to build robust relationships with key internal contacts (Sales, Forecasting, Customer Services, Manufacturing and Logistics).
- Ability to communicate confidently at all levels and present to business leadership
- Able to cope with high degrees of autonomy and responsibility
- Good level of MS Office – Excel (e.g. pivots, look ups), Outlook, Word
- Experience of working in a high pressured manufacturing environment
To apply for the Production Planner role, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Sam Miller or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.
At The Advocate Group, our core values have been built around the importance of transparency, innovation, passion and collaboration. As such, we are committed to open communication and the protection of your privacy. We have updated our policies in line with new General Data Protection Regulation laws to make it easier for you to understand how we collect, store and handle your data – These can be viewed on our website via our