The Advocate Group are proud to have exclusively partnered with a globally recognised food distribution business located in the South of the UK, who looking to appoint a Sales Director.
The ideal candidate will come from a retail/wholesale/food or food related background and also have the experience of managing a sales team. The role requires the successful candidate to possess strong and effective negotiation skills backed up with a solid grasp of Category Management principles.
As the Sales Director, you will be commercially astute, someone who has developed excellent relationships at a senior level with the UK major multiples and a natural team leader proficient at driving growth whilst maintaining gross and net profits.
Primary Objectives Of The Sales Director:
- As a member of the Board you will lead the creative thought processes on formulating and implementing a strategic plan within set budgets and return on investment.
- You will be responsible for team/staff management.
- To augment and strengthen the team by building relationships that maximise business growth and opportunities.
- You will have the gravitas, experience and influencing skills to drive the strategic vision for product launches and best in class launches.
- You will be tasked with the leadership and delivery of the Distribution, Promotional, Visibility, Pricing, Ranging Strategies/Objectives that will deliver market share objectives.
- You will be responsible for promoting long term customer relationships to ensure the highest levels of customer service and partnership to strengthen repeat business.
- To create, negotiate and implement JBP’s to achieve the company’s market share and profit goals, managing the unit’s P&L to drive growth in net sales, trade and promotional spend, marketing and profit
- You will work closely with the marketing team to help formulate brand strategies that drive continued growth to the brand.
- To agree and manage the annual budgeting process for sales.
- To play a proactive role in developing trade marketing tactics and to have input into consumer marketing for the brands.
- The ability to provide on-going assessment, analysis and recommendation for marketing expenditure versus budget.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Proven commercial acumen
- Well-developed presenting skills to operate at Board level
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite of applications
- High levels of initiative, reliability and planning ability
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Good management and delegation
- Exceptional communication and negotiating skills
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Daniel.firstname.lastname@example.org .or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.
Please also add me on LinkedIn if we are not already connected: https://www.linkedin.com/in/daniel-smith-38111081/