As a privately run business we have developed a formidable reputation for working closely with both suppliers and customers, offering strategic solutions for powerful brand development, a host of new options to catch the imagination of consumers and creative, astute packaging design.
Our reputation for innovation is due in no small part to our commitment to investing in equipment, systems and people to keep us at the cutting edge of the industry with new products and ideas. We aim to be the best at what we do.
This is an exciting opportunity for a purchasing professional to join our Supply Chain department in the role of a Junior Buyer.
This role has been created due to growth of the business over the last three years. The role of Junior Buyer will be to aid the Buyer in existing components/raw materials including maintaining price lists, managing RM shortages; and working closely with NPD regards RFQs (requests for quotations)
- Request quotation and liaise with buyer for negotiation of higher volume regulation
- Supplier communication
- New product launches for improvement
- Investigate PPV daily
- Updating the Department/Business with Price/Market Information
- Aid buyer in trading/reconciling costings sourcing projects
- Maintaining supplier price list
- Resolving invoice price queries
- Manage RM material shortages as per approved lists; and liaise with buyer on more salient shorts
- Order management
- Contract management
- Stock control within SV / Stock control external warehouses
- Material allocation to production
- Development of appropriate supply base and materials to meet production needs.
- Degree level educated – preferably in business, economics or accounting/finance
- 1-2 years minimum experience in a buying [assistant] position
- Adaptive nature demonstrating a quick response approach with ambition to learn and develop
- Being able to multitask – jump from one thing to another
- Good communicator
- Good excel skills necessary
- Systems knowledge desirable
- The ideal candidate will take ownership of their work
- Resilient – have to stand your ground
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV and cover letter through to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn’t always possible. If you are not contacted within 7 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.
Please note The Advocate Group is acting as an employment agency & business.