Our client is a privately owned, independent UK company based in London. The brand consists of a wide range of Japanese and European foods distributed to the health-food trade and major supermarkets in the UK as well as exported to over 50 countries.
From Japanese miso soup, to over 260 products in the portfolio, the range continues to grow. They have a basis and core values of being inspired to bring diversity, innovation and the art of wellness through food.
- Develop and manage existing sales and relations with end customers
- Develop and manage new sales within the UK market
- Manage and maintain communications with end customers
Develop and manage sales and relations with end customers
- Maintain and develop sales by visiting retail/restaurant customers
- Maintain and develop sales by executing in-store activity in the form of tastings and events
- Ensure sales activities are executed and in line with wholesaler promotion and marketing plans
- Maintain our UK retailer database with relevant and up to date contact details and addresses
The ideal candidate should
- Be naturally eager to engage with all types of people
- Be eager to learn new processes, skills & techniques
- Be self-disciplined, timely and organise
General requirements for the position:
- A high level of fluency in English, both spoken and written, enabling the necessary direct business communication with all customers
- A standard level of numeracy in order to understand price structure
- Basic knowledge of MS excel and MS powerpoint
- Be willing to spend at least a third of their time visiting customers
- Salary: £20 ~ £26k per annum
- 20 days holiday per annum, increasing to 25 days after 3 years service
- Foods at 50% discount off retail for personal use.
- Company Pension Plan
Working Hours and Office Atmosphere
- Monday to Friday 8.30 – 5.30, with one hour unpaid for lunch
- Occasional weekend work may be needed to attend shows / visit customers. This will be balanced by time off in lieu.
- Use of well equipped kitchen and food supplies
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.
At Aspion, our core values have been built around the importance of transparency, innovation, passion and collaboration. As such, we are committed to open communication and the protection of your privacy. We have updated our policies in line with new General Data Protection Regulation laws to make it easier for you to understand how we collect, store and handle your data – These can be viewed on our website.