Territory Sales Manager
Handy Distribution are one of the UK’s largest Wholesale Distributor of garden equipment and power products encompassing over 15 leading brands within its portfolio including brands such as Flymo, McCulloch, Kärcher, Bosch, Ryobi together with an established own label range of affordable garden machinery and a comprehensive premium range of Webb lawn mowers and hand-held power products. Our success is delivered through constant innovation, collaboration with our brand partners and exceeding customers’ expectations by truly being a one stop shop supplier fulfilling our customers complete garden machinery and equipment needs.
Handy Distribution is privately owned company and drives its core values through the day to day running of the business, comprising of Integrity, Diligence, Enthusiasm and Aspiration for its staff to operate by.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven individual who would be comfortable working within this fast paced rapidly growing business, and the challenges that come with this. You will be responsible for the day to day management of a highly successful existing customer base within the South of the country comprising of Garden Machinery Dealers and Garden Centres and seek out new business opportunities. Your will drive sales through developing relationships with your customers, understand their category needs, implement promotional activity in conjunction with the business strategy and help present the machinery and brands in the best possible way. Although guidance and support will be offered, you should demonstrate an entrepreneurial flair and be able to work autonomously and under your own self esteem. Product and market knowledge would be an advantage but not necessary. You must have at least 3-years’ experience within an Account Executive, Area Manager or Business Development Manager role.
This position reports directly to the Sales & Marketing Director; typical activities may include:
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers via meetings, telephone calls and emails;
- Visiting potential customers to prospect for new business;
- Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales;
- Gathering market and customer information;
- Representing the organisation at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations;
- Advising on forthcoming product developments and discussing special promotions;
- Liaising with suppliers to check on the progress of existing orders;
- Checking quantities of goods on display and in stock;
- Recording sales and order information and sending copies to the sales office;
- Reviewing own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets;
- Gaining a clear understanding of customers' businesses and requirements;
If you feel you have what it takes to be a part of this successful business, where success and contribution are recognised financially, then please apply today.