CATEGORY EXECUTIVE – FROZEN & CAKE
About the Business
Trust, sustainability and credibility are extremely important factors in the Dr. Oetker family business. Established over 100 years ago in Germany, the business has developed with these values at its core and now enjoys a reputation as one of the most trusted food brands internationally. The Dr. Oetker brand has long been a sign of outstanding taste, the highest quality and a guarantee of perfect results every time – re-enforcing consumer choice. The brand always meets consumer expectations and prides itself in meeting ever changing consumer needs with new and innovative products.
Purpose of Role
- To lead the category agenda within the C&I Channel
- To develop category relationships within the C&I Channel
- To support the Category Manager’s in delivery insight to their retailers
- To help identify and understand shopper and consumer insight across both Pizza and Cake
Contribute to the development of the Category Strategy.
- Working with the internal commercial teams to identify category opportunities using market, retail, consumer and shopper insight data to help formulate category plans in conjunction with the wider category team, sales & marketing teams.
- Interrogation of all 3rd party data sources (e.g. IRI, Kantar, Dunhumby) to distill key development areas
- Lead the convenience agenda across both categories by identifying opportunities and prioritising to deliver incremental sales across the channel
Support the execution of the Category Strategy
- Establish regular and positive category relationship with specified customers, maintaining our reputation as the experts in both Categories, encouraging the development of joint category initiatives and planning.
- Demonstrate best practice merchanding and category segmentation based on translating consumer insight and understanding shopper decision making process with specificed customers.
- Support the work required to undertake range review/ merchandising projects to maximise space and visibility to drive category performance and Dr. Oetker Brand performance in specified retailers.
- Support the implementation of specific shopper marketing activity in conjunction with Brand team to achieve agreed brand objectives maximising use of specific retailer media opportunities.
- Support the category team objectives to provide for specific retailers with robust recommendations linking to category segmentation & shopper insight
Account Contacts and Account Planning Input
- With specified customers contribute to the category team goal of ensuring that Dr. Oetker is recognised as the source of impartial expert opinion for both categories across commercial; marketing; category and merchanding personnel.
- Liasing with Account managers to ensure catman initiatives, actions are captured in detail within individual account plans of specified customers.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Contribute to monthly/quarterly reports including summary detail of achievements/progress vs plan, KPI update and revised action plan.
- Contribute to the Monthly Internal presentation following analysis of market data information including summaries covering key trends, issues and opportunities.
- Contribute to any ad hoc reporting required within the category team.
- Regular store visits/audits to ensure customer compliance to agreed activities/actions in specificed accounts
Please Note: We have chosen to worth with Paul Nyman Consultancy & 1 other PSL Recruitment Group; therefore we kindly ask that “Other/Non PSL recruiters” respect our decision and do not contact us in relation to this role. Thank You