National Account Manager- (Independent Retail & Garden Centres)- Leading Consumer Products
Our client is a leading player within the Consumer Product market; many of their products have truly enhanced the lives of the consumers who use them. Offering some of the most recognisable Brands within the market they are at the forefront of strong double digit growth within the categories which they operate.
The UK business unit is well established but is experiencing High Growth; as a result the cultural and business DNA is an exciting mix of both Long-term Strategic Planning but with huge dominance of Entrepreneurial Flair at all levels. This is where you could be make the difference, as in order to drive the market further they are now seeking to appoint a NAM to help champion the independent retail and garden centre channel.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of the category & channel and to use this knowledge to deliver high growth with your customers through demonstration of an objective category/customer focused approach.
- Win & Managing New Business
- Direct customer contact across all relevant functions. (for smaller accounts)
- Drive distribution of existing and new products.
- Manage product mix to maximise margin.
- Negotiate all elements of pricing, terms and promotions within Business guidelines. (for smaller accounts)
- Pre- and post-evaluate promotional activity.
- Exercise Trade Spend control and process adherence
- Manage effective communication of Product/Brand plans to the Customer Base
Candidates will ideally have a minimum of 4 years’ experience within Consumer Durable or FMCG industry whether that be across Brand or Own/Private Label; ideally with direct experience of Commercial Account Management at either a Key or National Account Management level. This experience must be across 1 or more of the following channels-
- Independent Retail
- Or Garden Centre Channel
Candidates must also be:
- Initiative Based, Well Disciplined & Action Focused
- Highly Customer Centric- If you’re not in with Customers or In-Store, then you are thinking about how you can “add value” to Customers.
- Highly Ambitious & Driven- You must have the desire to makes things happen and want to “win” (in the right way of course)
- High levels of Integrity/Professionalism- In that you will be very open with any mistakes/miss-calculations that you may make.
Candidates must have high levels of Commercial & Financial Acumen; as the Business is strongly “numbers/data” focused its processes and internal communications. Of course being a leading UK Player, will mean successful candidates will have access to a strong and structured career path.