Packaging Category Manager - Fixed Term Contract
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Packaging Procurement Manager to join my client a rapidly growing, innovative, creative and fun business to take ownership and be the integral cog who works collaboratively with all relevant departments to help take product from conception through to launch for a 12 month fixed term contract.
As the Packaging Project Manager you will be responsible for coordinating and managing the development of all packaging for new product launches. As well as new products you will be responsible for looking at cost saving, managing supplier and stakeholder relationships at varying seniority. My client is looking for an experienced Packaging Procurement Manager who can be self-managed but also contributes to the company culture.
You responsibilities will include the following:
- Sourcing and managing the packaging portfolio pipeline in an efficient and timely manner
- Managing, negotiating and reviewing contracts with packaging suppliers, finding gaps in service and improvements
- Taking and active and open role in NPD management meetings
- Work with the wider team and stakeholders to identify and execute cost savings opportunities
- Partner with operational functions to identify efficiency's for the packaging category
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Graduate calibre or equivalent working experience
- Proven experience in procurement ideally with direct material sourcing
- Ability to support and manage multiple projects in a highly dynamic business environment
- Experience with managing contracts as well as renewal tenders and bids
- Strong IT skills: background and strong interest in process development
- A strong team player who has great communication and influencing skills