Commercial Director UK
Our client is an entrepreneurial Food Group operating with multiple brands in the UK and internationally. Due to some impressive growth numbers over the last 4 years they are looking to strengthen their board with the appointment of a UK Commercial Director. The role will take ownership of a growing team, new business development and detailed P&L management, working closely with all departments and external suppliers to formulate long term profitable trading strategies
• Develop and implement a business plan that supports the growth of key brands
• Provide guidance and leadership across the commercial team
• Work with board members to achieve team targets in line with company objectives
• Develop team members and provide structure, targets, and people leadership
• Manage key supplier relationships across the UK
• Manage relationships with bakeries
• Establish strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Continuously look for ways to improve upon performance and be comfortable challenging established practices when necessary
• Work closely with marketing team and provide insight and support.
The successful candidate will have gained senior commercial leadership experience in a branded Food business. The organisation have a real entrepreneurial approach and so run a lean operation, candidates should be able to demonstrate a level of autonomy and ability to flex from the operational to the strategic.