Imperial Brands PLC is a dynamic FTSE100 FMCG company headquartered in Bristol with a global workforce of around 32,000 people. Borne out of a strong tobacco heritage, we have continually evolved to embrace changing market dynamics and our purpose is to create something better for the world’s smokers. Our high-quality cigarette brands include Davidoff, Gauloises Blondes, JPS and West and we are increasingly focused on developing a leading portfolio of next generation products built around the vaping brand blu
Acquired by Imperial Brands Plc in 2017, Nerudia is a young and dynamic business which is wholly owned by Fontem Ventures, the NGP (Next Generation Products) arm of Imperial Brands
We have an exciting opportunity for a QA Engineer to join Nerudia. In this role you will be responsible for maintaining the overall technical quality of product from design to commercialisation ensuring all Innovations R&D and Operations activities are conducted to the agreed GxP, regulatory standards.
- Participating in New Product Development (NPI) initiatives by providing quality engineering support to assigned projects, and developing NPI quality plans.
- Overseeing the Product Development Process ensuring defendable practices & scientific analyses are employed
- Participating in product Risk Reviews during product development and post-launch activities as well as maintaining product Risk Management files
- Leading process definition and improvement activities and training within the Innovations Operations and R&D functions
- Providing QA oversight on validation and performing document review and approval of all validation documentation i.e. qualification/validation protocols, validation plan, supporting documentation e.g. URS, DQ
- Providing data analysis, trending of processes, products characteristics and other feedback on current product issues or developments
- Maintaining and complying with the requirements of ISO9001 and other applicable regulatory requirements
- Identifying areas for improvement through active participation in internal audit program, and scheduling and supporting audit activities.
Skills & experience
- In-depth knowledge of GxP i.e. GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), GDocP (Good Documentation Practices) and TPD (Tobacco Products Directive)
- Good understanding of statistical methods, six sigma methodologies, design of experiments and lean
- Ability to read technical drawings and experience in writing procedures to QMS requirements
- Strong ability to manage and prioritise multiple projects while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines with the capability to balance short-term, urgent needs with long-term strategic initiatives
- Strong technical, analytical, and writing skills to identify and solve problems and document them appropriately
- Excellent oral & written communication skills for effectively interfacing with all levels of management and departments within the internal/external business
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment & comfortable with continual change
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel) and other quality tools (Minitab, FMEA, SPC, etc.) and their application
- Exposure to/ experience with validation is highly advantageous
- Certification in Six Sigma green/ black belt is an advantage
What we offer
Nerudia offers a competitive package of salary, pension and 25 days holiday, as well as onsite parking.
Interested applicants should apply with their CV highlighting their suitability for the role.